Windows 10: Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Discus and support Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The driver for the AHCI is from 2015, so, that one is exactly the same that came bundled in chipset drivers prior to 17.40 version... I'm still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brink, Jul 8, 2015.

1. FerchogtX Win User

Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

The driver for the AHCI is from 2015, so, that one is exactly the same that came bundled in chipset drivers prior to 17.40 version...

I'm still puzzled why AMD removed the driver from the package... I hope they aren't hoping we are getting stuck with those poorly written drivers from Microsoft... are they?

FerchogtX, Dec 20, 2017

2. I don't know, but I can't seem to be able to update my driver, even the Raid driver is the microsoft one

Christoph34, Dec 20, 2017
  3. FerchogtX Win User
    Have you tried uncompressing and using device manager to manually update the drivers?

FerchogtX, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

that is actually the way to do it, but can't, it says that the best driver is already installed

Christoph34, Dec 20, 2017
  5. FerchogtX Win User
    AHCI.zip

Check if this makes it for you, uncompress and make Device manager to point to wherever you uncompress this.

FerchogtX, Dec 21, 2017
  6. no, now it says windows was unable to install the driver, Now I'm thinking that maybe I have a bad windows installation

Christoph34, Dec 21, 2017
  7. Nemix Win User
    Microsoft's AHCI drivers work just fine.

I use DIPM for my NGFF M.2 SSD located beneath my motherboard, without DIPM I don't like the idle temps I was getting; will be getting a low-profile NGFF heatsink.

Nemix, Dec 22, 2017
  8. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

yeah but it feels like it causes lag reading the SSD

Christoph34, Dec 22, 2017
  9. Nemix Win User
    I comment to that on Intel AHCI drivers vs Microsoft's AHCI driver but that last AMD board I had which was an Phenom II made almost no difference between Microsoft's AHCI and AMD's AHCI drivers, in fact the AMD ones gave much more problems with newly released Windows 7 back then.

The only thing I can see AMD AHCI driver doing better than Microsoft AHCI driver in the case for Ryzen boards in it'll probably use less CPU cycles and have DIPM enabled by default regardless of which Power Plan you choose in Windows 10.

Nemix, Dec 23, 2017
  10. stormy13 Win User
    Re-release of the 17.40 chipset drivers,

Chipset

The AHCI driver is back in it. The only update at least on my system was for the PCI driver, all others were unchanged.

stormy13, Jan 20, 2018
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Stormy. First post updated. *Smile

Brink, Jan 20, 2018
  12. stormy13 Win User
    18.10 chipset drivers available,

Chipset

Not sure what has been updated in it, but do know that the AHCI driver is still the same .402 version that is a year or so old.

stormy13, Feb 12, 2018
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Thank you again Stormy. First post updated. *Smile

Brink, Feb 12, 2018
  14. Yeah, only the PCI devices driver is updated. You can see that if you do custom install in the AMD update manager and hover above the devices. It shows you which is outdated and which are updated versions.

hurricane28, Feb 12, 2018
  15. AS185 Win User
    Thanks for the download and info Brink *Smile

AS185, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released - Similar Threads - Latest AMD Chipset

2. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  3. AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD 5900x Chipset Drivers Causing Explorer.exe hang ups / crashes Latest Windows: Recently re-built my gaming pc with the following, however I am having issues with either windows 10 or a driver issue I am here hoping someone can give some information or guidance on this. Specs 5900x MSI X570 Godlike latest bios, and reset NOTHING Changed Asus 2080ti...
  4. I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.

I need help with the AMD Chipset Driver.: I downloaded AMD Chipset Driver Version 19.30.28 from Asus. Now that it's installed, when I start up my PC I get: [ATTACH] If I click the button then it says Scanning for drive information and then disappears. Here's a list of the drivers: [ATTACH] I want to get rid...
  5. Intel INC released latest chipset driver v 10.1.18383.8213 to the public for windows 10...

Intel INC released latest chipset driver v 10.1.18383.8213 to the public for windows 10...: On 07th May 2020, intel inc released the latest chipset driver v 10.1.18383.8213 public with setup.exe including .inf file. location of the inf is E:\chipset-10.1.18383.8213-public-mup\DriverFiles\production\Windows10-x64 You can install in two ways. 01 by executing...
  6. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  7. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  8. Latest AMD Drivers Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest AMD Drivers Crashing: Hi guys I have an issue with the latest AMD Drivers on my Windows 10 Pro x64. Whenever I have the Crimson edition or 15.++ drivers (15.3 onwards) it crashes or gives a BSOD. The crash occurs repeatedly once you reach the desktop screen until you hit a BSOD but sometimes it...
  9. Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate

Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate: anyone here running Win10 on AMD notebook, Zacate family [earlier E series] ? just wondering how many drivers I'll be missing and how to find. I'm wanting to try this on Lenovo Thinkpad X120e 10 is running swell on my A4-3300m based HP G4-1117dx except for onboard...
  10. AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10

AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10: Recently, due to some hardware failures, I had to replace my motherboard. I also decided to reinstall Windows 10. When I went to install the chipset drivers (16.4.2 Crimson, 64-bit), the only things it wanted to install were graphics related. I can install these...