Windows 10: Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10

Discus and support Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Stupid question, but is anyone using Radeon 4600? Do these beta drivers work with that? I managed to get the legacy catalyst package working, but I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Brink, Jul 7, 2015.

1. JoeyDVDZ Win User

Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10

Stupid question, but is anyone using Radeon 4600? Do these beta drivers work with that? I managed to get the legacy catalyst package working, but I'd love to be able to upgrade my drivers safely.

The driver I have installed is called 13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc. Only one I've found that fully works, supports dual monitors, gives full native resolution.

JoeyDVDZ, Aug 31, 2015
  2. CountMike New Member

My advice would be to keep those Legacy drivers for any ATI/AMD Radeon HD under 5xxx, AMD labels "Legacy" and any newer drivers are not forthcoming. For AMD, even this much of support is a miracle.

CountMike, Aug 31, 2015
  3. JoeyDVDZ Win User
    Yeah, that was sort of my thought on it as well. Can't believe what a pain in the ass it was to even run down this driver package! AMD/ATI does their level best to make old hardware and support software go away, huh? *sarc

JoeyDVDZ, Aug 31, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

That's to make you buy new stuff.

CountMike, Aug 31, 2015
  5. These are the resolved issues listed in the 15.8 BETA:

Performance Optimizations

Batman™: Arkham Knight - Performance and quality/stability updates
    Ashes of the Singularity - Performance optimizations for DirectX® 12

Resolved Issues:

[424009] Adobe® Lightroom may crash if GPU rendering is enabled
    [423336] Mouse cursor coordinates may be swapped on some 3x1 Eyefinity configurations
    [421110] The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt - Corruption may be observed when AA is enabled in AMD CrossFire™ mode
    [424127] The Firefox browser may crash while opening multiple tabs (2 or more)
    [425168] Anti Aliasing settings are not retained after Applying in the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center
    [425156] System hangs when launching Call of Duty® - Modern Warfare 3 or Diablo™ III
    [424776] Metal Gear Solid® : Ground Zero may crash when launched
    [425421] Call Of Duty®: Black Ops III - texture corruption observed when launched in DirectX® 11 mode
    [425452] Sword Coast Legends - FRTC settings are not activated in the game
    [411945] Project CARS may experience corruption when AA is set to D2SM
    [425382] A green screen may be observed on some "Llano"/"Ontario" APU's when playing video under Windows 10
    [424330] Watch Dogs™ may experience flickering / corruption after changing game resolution
    [425440] AMD HDMI® Audio is disabled after driver installation
    [423013] F1 2015™ may experience flickering during gameplay or in game benchmarking
    [422551] Call of Duty® - Advanced Warfare may freeze randomly when run in Quad CrossFire mode
    [424168] Text corruption observed when using Windows 10 Mapp application
    [424222] System may hang when installing the driver on a Windows 10 system with 2 or more GPUs
    [424710] "Device being used by another application" error is displayed when attempting audio playback on Windows 7 systems

BugMeister, Sep 2, 2015
  6. djask Win User
    Any issues of the new 15.8 drivers with W10?

djask, Sep 17, 2015
  7. Insider build 10.0.547 - I was offered AMD graphics driver and it caused a bit of grief on that build.

After Windows Update applied the driver, the screen went blank. This often happens becasue I have an external monitor - it should figure things out, but doesn't always work as it should. I restarted the machine and the LCD was also blank. I disconnected the external monitor and restarted - still nothing on the LCD. The disk was being hit (drive light flashing) so I thought "Maybe it's not done installing - can't see, can't tell". After the disk activity subsided, I restarted the box again. No display .... beginning to be concerned about the 8.1 install, I booted to it.

The display worked ok, but the system needed to repair the Win10 partition/volume - the chkdisk event log was quite a mess, so I ran chkdsk manually after the machine fully loaded. The partiton/volume checked out fine.

Booted a Win10 RE USB and restarted Win10 in safe mode. I rolled back the AMD driver (was 15.201.1151, so I'm not sure the WU completed sucessfully). Win10 still had an issue with the display driver, so I rolled back to the previous Insider build (10.0.532).

Just a cautionary note for Insiders / HP laptop owners with AMD APUs (with Radeon GPU). Your experience might be different.

Slartybart, Sep 23, 2015
  8. Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10

though they were running perfectly, I recently swapped the 2x7870(2G) cross-fired, for a single R9 380(4G)..
    the driver update was handled via Windows10 without any problem..

the single card runs beautifully, and is DX12 ready..
    thinking of installing another (- just for the overkill..!!) *really

BugMeister, Sep 25, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    You'll still have to wait for new games with Dx12 to show up. With AMD, only Rx 3xx will be 100% compatible with Dx12.

CountMike, Sep 26, 2015
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    Not just the 3x series...

- AMD drivers for Win 10 & AMD cards supporting DX12

Source: AMD Demonstrates Full Support for New DirectX 12 at Game Developer Conference

And yes, currently there are no DX12 game titles out yet. Although Ark: Survival Evolved is said to have had a DX12 patch released in Sept of this year - List of games with DirectX 12 support

sygnus21, Sep 26, 2015
  11. stormy13 Win User
    stormy13, Sep 28, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Richard. First post updated. *Smile

Brink, Sep 28, 2015
  13. sygnus21 Win User

sygnus21, Sep 28, 2015
  14. stormy13 Win User
    And fixed,

AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Driver for Windows

stormy13, Sep 30, 2015
  15. - driver vers 9.5.1 running fine here..

BF4 looking brilliant.. *Smile

BugMeister, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Latest AMD Radeon

2. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon Graphics Crash: my friend has an intel laptop from dell with radeon r7 m440 g card but all of a sudden his card has stopped working, whenever open a game his gpu times out / crash its utilizations goes the 0-1% to straight 100% then 0% again and then stays zero. we tried so many things like...
  3. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd Radeon Graphics Crash: my friend has an intel laptop from dell with radeon r7 m440 g card but all of a sudden his card has stopped working, whenever open a game his gpu times out / crash its utilizations goes the 0-1% to straight 100% then 0% again and then stays zero. we tried so many things like...
  4. Amd Radeon Graphics Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. amd radeon graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd radeon graphics: So my laptop has Intel core i5 Amd radeon graphics and when I click on amd radeon software application it doesn't open help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-graphics/f326cf36-98dd-478d-bca4-937082c0f99a
  6. amd radeon graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amd radeon graphics: So my laptop has Intel core i5 Amd radeon graphics and when I click on amd radeon software application it doesn't open help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-graphics/f326cf36-98dd-478d-bca4-937082c0f99a
  7. Which AMD Radeon graphics drivers are most stable?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which AMD Radeon graphics drivers are most stable?: Hello, I own a Radeon RX 550 GPU,and I would like to know which AMD Radeon graphics drivers are most stable for Win 10 64 bit? The old Crimson or the new Adrenalin? Please help me. 180530
  8. AMD Radeon Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon Drivers: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. The last build that worked correctly was 1803. All builds after that have had bad AMD Radeon video drivers. Driver updates from AMD do not solve the problem. Windows works in Safe Mode but studders in normal boot on all apps and...
  9. AMD Radeon drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon drivers: Why do AMD graphics card drivers need Windows to be fully updated unlike NVIDIA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-drivers/9f190e98-7db9-4a9e-96f1-e1ae719c3731
  10. amd Radeon graphics issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    amd Radeon graphics issue: Hi I have just upgraded to win10 my system runs 2 Radeon hd 4890 cards in cross fire and Windows 10 keeps encountering problems running with these cards in cross fire it will run in basic modes but the graphics look terrible 11703