Windows 10: Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files

Discus and support Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there big big problem --latest (preview) build - file explorer not showing progress when copying / moving files. This - unless fixed soon will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Dec 17, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files

Hi there

big big problem --latest (preview) build - file explorer not showing progress when copying / moving files.

This - unless fixed soon will cause me to revert to previous build. Anybody else got this or is it just something with my update. (W10 Pro X-64).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 17, 2015
  2. S197Mike Win User

Windows 10 "Moving Items" dialog box does not show progress when items are "cut" and "pasted"

I am having an issue with build 11082 where I am not getting any sort of transfer progress bar to show % completed, I still get the copy and replace message if I am copying a copy of a file. I just cant see the progress of my transfer

S197Mike, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Copy/move dialog not displaying since last update...

Since the latest update of Windows 10 to build 11082 my system stopped showing the copy/move/delete/whatever file action progress dialog window. File operations do actually proceed but nothing shows.

Tried with drag&drop actions, keyboard shortcuts or through the menus: same result, no window.

Checking on the Feedback app it seems I'm not alone with that problem. Any way to re-enable this dialog window?

H. Rembrandt, Dec 17, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Yup,,, that's a known issue and MS is working on it and it's rather annoying, IMO.

BunnyJ, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files - Similar Threads - Latest build file

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  4. All browsers download progress not showing and File Explorer Thumbnails not showing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers download progress not showing and File Explorer Thumbnails not showing.: Hi, Few months ago, I factory reset my laptop. There were some issues with the file explorer not showing the thumbnails of pictures, I watched a tons of vids to try fixing it but nothing worked. My second problem started a month ago while downloading files, pictures etc in...
  5. All browsers download progress not showing and File Explorer Thumbnails not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All browsers download progress not showing and File Explorer Thumbnails not showing.: Hi, Few months ago, I factory reset my laptop. There were some issues with the file explorer not showing the thumbnails of pictures, I watched a tons of vids to try fixing it but nothing worked. My second problem started a month ago while downloading files, pictures etc in...
  6. All browsers download progress not showing and File Explorer Thumbnails not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Copying files in File Explorer

Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  8. file explorer progress bar

file explorer progress bar: I am having two problems: PS C:\Users\mina> net view net : System error 1231 has occurred. At line:1 char:1 + net view + ~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (System error 1231 has occurred.:S tring) [], RemoteException + FullyQualifiedErrorId :...
  9. Green progress bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green progress bar in File Explorer: I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it identifies the location. I noticed there in the search bar it shows where it is going: "search (J:) Jack" as an example. How...
  10. Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders: With Windows 8, if I copy files or folders from one disk to another, a window appears which shows the progress. This is very useful. Windows 10 does not show this window. Is there a way to make it appear? 36222