Windows 10: Latest build problems

Discus and support Latest build problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been having some issues that I wanted to share about the latest build to help possible get some insight into what's happening. So I'll start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlRecalde, Aug 17, 2019.

1. AlRecalde Win User

Latest build problems

I have been having some issues that I wanted to share about the latest build to help possible get some insight into what's happening.

So I'll start off by saying my PC isnt the best but it is fair, and I know the GPU and CPU are not a problem as they performed well on everything I have installed before the update.

So, windows pushed an update onto my PC yesterday for build 1903. I've been putting it off for a while so as to allow time to weed out the potential bugs. But they snuck it in on me. While I was already clicking (playing a game) the prompt came up for the "do you want to update" to witch I usually click remind me later, and then ignore forever. But since I was already playing a game and clicking it popped up and I clicked update now by accident. So I just let it update and finish, and nothing seemed wrong off the bat so i started using it. Well about 20 minutes into using the PC it just freezes. 100% locked up, i couldnt use ctrl alt del, i couldnt open anything, and my headphones were blasting a repetative white noise from what was going on in my game aylt the time. So i hard restarted and tried again and it did the same thing. Suffice to say now I'm back to version 1803, but i still have no clue why it was freezing like that. All i did was run the same stuff that worked seamlessly on 1803, aka discord on screen 1, overwatch on screen 2, and YouTube on screen 3. This had no problems on 1803, but after the 1903 update doing basically anything on my PC for more than 20 minutes automatically freezes the whole machine.

Any insight you all may have would beappreciated, and I'll try to be active in this thread to answer questions.

:)

AlRecalde, Aug 17, 2019
  2. BarbaricSoul, Aug 17, 2019
  3. upgrading from 1511-11099.100 to latest build

Hi Sudhakar,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you using wired/ wireless internet connection?
    • How exactly are you trying to download the latest Build?

This issue might have occurred due to anti-virus software/ corrupted Windows Updates components.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Also, to know about Windows latest Build 11099 refer: Announcing
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Latest build problems

is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Latest build problems

1. Latest build problems - Similar Threads - Latest build problems

2. In latest build 25915, I have a problem with wallpapers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In latest build 25915, I have a problem with wallpapers: I have tried different drivers for my rtx 3090. Desktop wallpaper is disappearing and goes blank. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-latest-build-25915-i-have-a-problem-with/fbb8860f-72cc-4534-b6bb-2aba5b2c08f2
  3. In latest build 25915, I have a problem with wallpapers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In latest build 25915, I have a problem with wallpapers: I have tried different drivers for my rtx 3090. Desktop wallpaper is disappearing and goes blank. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-latest-build-25915-i-have-a-problem-with/fbb8860f-72cc-4534-b6bb-2aba5b2c08f2
  4. Small problems with latest build

in Windows 10 Support
    Small problems with latest build: Welcome Just reinstalled win 10 with last build to have fresh system. Sad I connect wifi and got a bit refreshed old one back I learned before that windows screw always two my drivers; o2micro and qualcom snapdragon so make backup:) As usually win must be more clever than me...
  5. HDMI problems with latest Windows 10 build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI problems with latest Windows 10 build: I have a basic Dell laptop Inspiron 3543 with an Intel HD Graphics chipset that is only used intermittently to operate a projector during periodic retreats in a prison ministry. The laptop was going to be used this past weekend and hadn't been used since October, so I got it...
  6. Problems with latest WIndows 10 Insider build installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with latest WIndows 10 Insider build installation: Hi, For the last couple of days my Windows 10 has been attempting to install the latest insider build. However, it gets to a point where the blue windows logo is showing, and a circle of dots which spins beneath it, then seems to just hang. I have been able to...
  7. Printer problem on latest build PAGE format does not change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problem on latest build PAGE format does not change: Hi since my rebuild and update I have a problem I had to download the Epson software to reinstall the correct DRIVER The printer is there and it works However it prints on LEGAL sized paper when I use A4. I have change the page format both on the Printer settings and...
  8. Latest Win10 build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 build?: I am not a MS "insider" and have just received the below update. Is this the latest version? [img] 40351
  9. Windows 10 Latest Build Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Latest Build Problem: Hi there. Yesterday , i have upgraded my windows 10 pro to latest build 10586 using windows update. after upgrading something changed in my start menu which i dont like , and i want to bring it back . now , when i right-click on my start menu , it shows a black...
  10. Latest build mentions Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Latest build mentions Cortana: Just an interesting tidbit *Wink 10.0.9897.0.fbl_cortana.141124-1924 BuildFeed: The Windows build tracker 3091