Windows 10: Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

Discus and support Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Very Confused and rather, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was whirring, lights flashing on laptop body, but screen went off and I could do nothing at all.Then I found that although screen goes black, when you move cursor, sometimes it lights up again and I can see it, and then goes black again when I move cursor - I think screen is still live even though it appears off.This makes almost im

:)

Very Confused and rather, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Jacquito Win User

Issues with Defender Security Intelligence updates

Hi Elijah,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with Security Intelligence updates on your Windows 10 devices.

Based on your description, it seems like you've already tried a few troubleshooting steps, but the issue persists.

I found a thread on the Microsoft Community forum where a user reported a similar issue

and received some helpful suggestions from other users.

One user suggested that the issue could be caused by a third party antivirus program interfering with the processes of Microsoft Defender ¹.

Another user suggested resetting the Windows Update components ².

You may also want to try restarting the Microsoft Defender service ².

---------------------------------------------------

If none of these suggestions work, you can try manually installing the targeted update ².

You can find more information on how to do this in an article on MakeUseOf ³.

I hope this helps!

(1) Why so many Security Intelligence updates? - Microsoft Community. Redirecting.

(2) How to Fix a Failed Microsoft Defender Update - MUO.

https://www.makeuseof.com/microsoft-defender-failed-update-fix/.

(3) Security intelligence updates for Microsoft Defender Antivirus and ....

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates.

(4) Microsoft Defender Antivirus security intelligence and product updates. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/m...efender-antivirus-updates?view=o365-worldwide.

Best Regards,

Jacquito, Feb 29, 2024
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

1. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help! - Similar Threads - Latest defender security

2. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  3. Windows wrecked my second laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrecked my second laptop.: I lost my first laptop in May so bought another of the same laptop and transfered my files. Now it's November and the second laptop did the same. How is this fair ? I think it's time for a class action lawsuit. I have no lost valuable work time unable to edit my work. Still...
  4. Windows wrecked my second laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wrecked my second laptop.: I lost my first laptop in May so bought another of the same laptop and transfered my files. Now it's November and the second laptop did the same. How is this fair ? I think it's time for a class action lawsuit. I have no lost valuable work time unable to edit my work. Still...
  5. Windows wrecked my second laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Update 20H2 wrecks my machine

Update 20H2 wrecks my machine: Last night, even though I’d switched off updates and put my computer to ‘sleep’, MS unilaterally decided to reboot and apply version 20H2, the update I’d been trying to avoid. This has wrecked my machine twice before, so I'd turned off the update. This morning again, nothing...
  7. Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users: Windows Updates have a dreadful track record of late, with almost every single update causing users some serious problems. There are multiple reports on Microsoft’s forums, our comment section, and Feedback Hub from people complaining about a range of issues after applying...
  8. Latest security update has broken my laptop

Latest security update has broken my laptop: I had a notification that a security update had to be applied to Windows 10 so I did so and my usb keyboard and mouse no longer work. The updates were KB4532693 and security update KB4538674. I uninstalled the first update which didn't change anything but was then unable to...
  9. Folders - display of file properties wrecked by latest W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders - display of file properties wrecked by latest W10 update: The latest W10 update has made all my folders have their files displaying a common list of properties, irrespective of file type, whether the folder is one for photos or music or video or documents. Now they all display like the last folder I have adjusted. What has...
  10. The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.: I have only my destop screen picture showing and the blue cirle when I put the mouse indicator on anything near the power settings on the left. I should be happy, I suppose, since at first all I was getting was a gray screen. I have rebooted several times to no avail....