Windows 10: Latest Firefox Released for Windows

Discus and support Latest Firefox Released for Windows in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi: Oh it's not a company-wide OS, This really doesn't have anything to do with your OS. Some companies who use Firefox in the Enterprise... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Brink, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Latest Firefox Released for Windows

Hi:

This really doesn't have anything to do with your OS.
    Some companies who use Firefox in the Enterprise setting use the ESR (Extended Support Release) versions, rather than the consumer/public "Release" builds.
    And they may block end users from installing the consumer builds or from updating Firefox.

That might be because your employer is using the ESR version?
    The most current ESR build is 38.5.0.
    There is no version 43 for ESR.
    So, perhaps it is not updating because you have the most current build of the ESR version.*Wink

You might want to check with your company IT folks.

OTOH, if you do have full administrative and download/install rights for your system (versus your employer's controlling it), then there could be something "off" with your Firefox settings and/or your profile (e.g. conflict with a security program, etc) that is blocking the download.

In any event, this is more of a "news" thread than a "support" thread.
    So, if you'd like to work on this, you might wish to post a new topic in the "Normal Threads" section >>HERE<<.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 6, 2016

2. That was a typo, my mistake, my brain is frazzled at work. I meant it's not a company-wide deployment of Firefox, it's not an ESR release.

I can install programs but the group policy restricts me from altering the VPN or AV settings. The work-around is to visit the Mozilla website and download and install the new version that way.

This wasn't a support request, merely an observation of what I already knew.

Thanks.

joedaman633, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Thanks for the clarification.*Smile

You might want to check with your company IT folks about that workaround.
    Those Group Policy restrictions are usually put in place for a reason.
    And some Enterprises don't look favorably upon end users who bypass them.
    Ultimately, if it's their computer/device or if they have implemented BYOD restrictions, then going around the restrictions could be a problem.

<just sayin'>

Cheers,

MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Latest Firefox Released for Windows

There are problems with some financial and bank institutions when using bill pay feature. also when editing personal data and trying to save it.
    Shipinomore.

shipinomore10, Jan 10, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Jan 25, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Tnx, Edwin, just this morning it was still in beta.

CountMike, Jan 25, 2016
  7. Wynona Win User
    When I followed the link, I was told, "Congrats, you're using the latest version of Firefox." So, I guess I'm good to go.

Wynona, Jan 25, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Latest Firefox Released for Windows

Thank you Edwin. First post updated. *Smile

Brink, Jan 25, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    If you like the tabs below the address bar, this now seems not possible via about:config, but requires a suitable add-on. 'Restless Restart' also seems to be ineffective- there is an alternative addon that works.

dalchina, Jan 27, 2016
  10. Does Classic Theme Restorer have a setting?
    If it doesn't yet, I expect it will soon.
    At least I hope so.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 27, 2016
  11. stormy13 Win User
    CTR is working just fine here for the tabs on the bottom. Been using it ever since FF went with the tabs on top. Was originally running 32 bit FF, but when I switched to 64 bit CTR was already there and working.

stormy13, Jan 28, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    I don't think I could navigate rapidly without tabs on top! For me, secondary navigation is all middle-click so, cursor goes all the way up to the edge of the screen, no zeroing in on X's, wheel-click some where in the middle of a tab at the edge of the screen.
    css code brings tabs below the address bar but, with 'Australis' tabs, it looks terrible.

Edwin, Jan 28, 2016
  13. stormy13 Win User

And that is why we use Firefox. You can customize to how you want it to look and feel.

stormy13, Jan 28, 2016
  14. Wynona Win User
    Firefox is driving me crazy with, "Would you like to show notifications from this site"!

I can't seem to turn this off; anyone else having a problem with this? Edge doesn't seem to have this problem but I'm not ready for Edge yet.

Wynona, Feb 1, 2016
  15. jds63 Win User
    This might work, i saw this once here but since then it went away.

http://superuser.com/questions/95926...pup-in-firefox

jds63, Feb 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Latest Firefox Released for Windows - Similar Threads - Latest Firefox Released

2. Firefox Rapid Release or ESR?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Rapid Release or ESR?: Ive been using Firefox ESR for some time now as regular user since I know that the ESR versions are mainly for enterprise users for stability purposes. For all here that use Firefox, should I still use the ESR releases? Would the ESR release impact security? On the other...
  3. Latest stable release of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest stable release of windows 10: Can anyone tell me the latest stable build no. of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-stable-release-of-windows-10/68ed355a-d6a4-463e-9933-38d2f7d35482
  4. Correct Windows 10 Latest Release.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Correct Windows 10 Latest Release.: Dear Members, I am having difficulties in upgrading Windows 10 Home. I don't know if I already have the latest and greatest version of Windows 10. I checked my Windows Version and it list it as "Build 18362.19h1_release 190318-1202". I tried using Windows Update Assistant and...
  5. Confused about Latest Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Confused about Latest Firefox: I have 77.0.1 64 bit installed and check now and again using About Firefox and update to latest version this way.So far, it still shows 77.0.1. If i install the latest version 78.0.1...will this be a complete fresh install ie your lose all bookmarks,add ons etc or will...
  6. Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows: Latest Chromium based Microsoft Edge stable, Beta, Dev, and Canary builds released for Windows Microsoft Edge [img] Version: 79.0.309.65 Release date: January 15, 2020 See also: New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available Download Microsoft Edge Beta...
  7. Latest SAS Released

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest SAS Released: New SAS (SuperAntiSpyware) released 8.0.1038. [img] SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition 130535
  8. Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad: We know that iPads aren’t just bigger versions of iPhones. You use them differently, you need them for different things. So rather than just make a bigger version of our browser for iOS, we made Firefox for iPad look and feel like it was custom made for a tablet. Mostly...
  9. Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows: Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows [img] [img] Information Stable Channel Version: 66.0.3359.139 Release Date: April 26, 2018 Full (offline) Download Page: Alternate (offline) Google Chrome installer (Windows) - Installer Help Release Notes: Google...
  10. Firefox 39.0.3 Released today

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 39.0.3 Released today: With Firefox 40 due pretty soon, Mozilla released Firefox 39.0.3 as did Cyberfox. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#firefox Firefox 39.0.3 Firefox ESR 38.1.1 Description Security researcher Cody Crews reported on a way to violate the same origin...