Windows 10: Latest forced Windows update puts my PC in an automatic repair boot loop. It seems all...

Discus and support Latest forced Windows update puts my PC in an automatic repair boot loop. It seems all... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC has been working flawlessly since I got it, but the latest forced update has rendered my PC unusable. My PC is stuck in a automatic repair boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gizmonster03, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Latest forced Windows update puts my PC in an automatic repair boot loop. It seems all...

My PC has been working flawlessly since I got it, but the latest forced update has rendered my PC unusable. My PC is stuck in a automatic repair boot loop. I checked online and saw that this is something that has happened to others as the result of this update. I’ve tried various fixes that have not worked.

Startup repair is the first thing I tried, but it said it was not able to fix my machine.

I’ve tried Reset this PC which returns “there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made”.

I tried the uninstall updates feature, and it told me there was a problem uninstalling both updates. I managed to get rid of the quality update with DISM commands but the feature update is still present based on what it tells me when I try to remove it.

I don’t have a system restore point. I realize now that I should always have one, but I’ve never encountered a problem like this.

I’ve tried various command prompt solutions I saw on articles about this, but nothing makes my PC bootable.

I tried booting off of a drive with the Windows recovery software on it, but it seems it didn’t present a method of recovering my PC with my files.

Has anyone encountered this issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

submitted by /u/gizmonster03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gizmonster03, Feb 11, 2021

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Latest forced Windows update puts my PC in an automatic repair boot loop. It seems all...

Automatic repair loop

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Here are the steps I generally recommend to fix automatic repair boot loops:

Use Check Disk Utility

Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD via Command Prompt

Restore Windows Registry

Delete the Problematic File

Disable Automatic Startup Repair

Check Device Partition and OsdevicePartition

Perform Refresh or Reset Your PC

These steps are listed in detail with instructions in the below article:

https://www.technology.org/2017/11/14/7-ways-fi...

If you're still experiencing issues after these steps, please let me know and I'll see what else we can try! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Latest forced Windows update puts my PC in an automatic repair boot loop. It seems all...

1. Latest forced Windows update puts my PC in an automatic repair boot loop. It seems all... - Similar Threads - Latest forced update

2. Newly built PC stuck in boot loop / bluescreen loop, with seemingly broken automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly built PC stuck in boot loop / bluescreen loop, with seemingly broken automatic repair.: Hello!2 days ago i built a new PC. part list can be provided if neededI installed windows on it using a USB stick, and then continued with my day.However, yesterday i started getting bluescreens seemingly at random. Today, the PC is stuck in a boot loop whenever it is started...
  3. Newly built PC stuck in boot loop / bluescreen loop, with seemingly broken automatic repair.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly built PC stuck in boot loop / bluescreen loop, with seemingly broken automatic repair.: Hello!2 days ago i built a new PC. part list can be provided if neededI installed windows on it using a USB stick, and then continued with my day.However, yesterday i started getting bluescreens seemingly at random. Today, the PC is stuck in a boot loop whenever it is started...
  4. Newly built PC stuck in boot loop / bluescreen loop, with seemingly broken automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  6. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  7. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

8. Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop

Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop: i turned on my PC and it has the boot startup and the circle just keeps spinning so I kept restarting my pc then automatic repair showed up and did the same thing ive tried F8 but that doesn't work...
  9. Automatic Repair Boot Loop.

Automatic Repair Boot Loop.: I really don't want to reset my laptop fully and i will only do such a thing as a last resort, anyways this issue has been with me for a few months now and I really want to fix my laptop once and (maybe not) for all, so please i need a lot of help till this is fixed, i...
  10. Automatic Boot repair loop

Automatic Boot repair loop: My laptop lenovo 315 ideapad is hung up in an Automatic Repair loop showing message for logFiles inside srtTrail.txt, possibly the reason is that I pressed the power button twice when booting. I have attempted all the solution options in below mentioned links - 1....