Windows 10: latest info changing from win 7 to win 10 - articles/tutorials for adv

Discus and support latest info changing from win 7 to win 10 - articles/tutorials for adv in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; thinking about moving from 7 to 10 although I cannot think of anything on 10 I need and really want to keep it as close to 7 as possible from user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by msongs, Mar 27, 2019.

1. msongs Win User

latest info changing from win 7 to win 10 - articles/tutorials for adv

thinking about moving from 7 to 10 although I cannot think of anything on 10 I need and really want to keep it as close to 7 as possible from user experience point of view. most of the internet searches lead to 4 yr old articles on upgrading and installing etc. perhaps u can point to me a more recent how to. would be helpful for a person with moderate computer skills. thanks!

especially do not want to upgrade and find I cannot find anything Im used to using controls wise

:)

msongs, Mar 27, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Win 7 and NVidia overclocking?

Just curious how you Win 7 users are overclocking your NVidia cards. Riva Tuner won't work. Any suggestions?

johnnyfiive, Mar 27, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

1. latest info changing from win 7 to win 10 - articles/tutorials for adv - Similar Threads - latest info changing

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    info boot win 7/8 after installation win 10: hello everyone is from a year or so that I installed windows 10 and I no longer see at startup win 7 and win 8 despite being able to access from local disk c to various folders and files, how can I return to access the previous systems? ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che...
  4. info boot win 7/8 dopo installazione win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    info boot win 7/8 dopo installazione win 10: ciao a tutti da un annetto circa che ho installato windows 10 e non vedo pi all' avvio win 7 e win 8 nonostante riesca ad accedere dal disco locale c alle varie cartelle e file, come posso tornare ad accedere ai sistemi precedenti? 164282
  5. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 and keep programs and personal info

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 and keep programs and personal info: If I purchase Win 10 Pro, can I install it over Win 7 Pro Without losing the programs and personal info in the computer now? I have tried using the free Win 10 download from Microsoft but get an error message "The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during...
  6. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  7. Retrograde from win 10 to win 7

Retrograde from win 10 to win 7: I have a spare laptop running windows 10 but I want to retrograde it to run on windows 7, I have my original windows 7 dvd but when I try to install win 7 it stops when it tries to install the installation files and tells me to restart the installation. Help please...
  8. Migration from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Migration from Win 7 to Win 10: I get message saying " Undoing changes made to your computer" when I do the migration Actually it appears at the last part of the process on black screen... By the way, I use boot from flash drive where win10 image stored in. Plus, I migrated many computers in my...
  9. Reset to Win 7 from Win 10

Reset to Win 7 from Win 10: How do I delete a user when it does not have a name but a long number starting wit S-1-5-21-2703684248- etc. Tere is only one (1) user registered and that is the administrator. My notebook is "too old" (circa 2009) to handle Win10, therefore I need to revert back to Win 7...
  10. Win 10 Telemetry Article

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Telemetry Article: Another article on telemetry. Interested to read the opinion of the more experienced forum members and the opinion of the three tools mentioned. (Spybot Antibeacon, O&O Shutup, Wireshark) Credible idea or too much tin foil ? If you ask me whether I'm worried about...