Windows 10: Latest major download and now integrated webcam no longer works

Discus and support Latest major download and now integrated webcam no longer works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After receiving 20h2 download, integrated webcam no longer works. This had happened beforevon a major download.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesStormshak, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Latest major download and now integrated webcam no longer works

After receiving 20h2 download, integrated webcam no longer works. This had happened beforevon a major download.

:)

JamesStormshak, Apr 17, 2021

2. Integrated webcam not working

Hello,

0xA00F4244 error code may be caused by an antivirus software that's blocking the camera or it could be an outdated webcam driver. Follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Disable antivirus.

In your antivirus app, look for settings related to blocking access or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.

Method 2: Check for an outdated webcam driver.

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Find your webcam under Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select
      Properties
    • Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes
      stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 7 and you'll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
    • If you don't find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.

Method 3: Roll back your webcam driver.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose
      Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
    • After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Method 4: Uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

• In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select
      Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall >
      Delete the driver software for this device
      , and then select OK.
    • In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select
      Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    • If your webcam still doesn’t work, try looking for help on the webcam manufacturer’s website.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Upgraded to Windows10 anniversary edition on Dell Inspiron. Integrated webcam is no longer working.

Hi Colin,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your device.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any yellow exclamation point on WebCam in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand WebCam drives under
      Imaging devices
      , right click on the driver.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      device status.
    • If not, select Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue is with the Camera app,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the webcam for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Latest major download and now integrated webcam no longer works

Upgraded to Windows10 anniversary edition on Dell Inspiron. Integrated webcam is no longer working.

Just been upgraded to Windows10 anniversary edition on new Dell Inspiron. Noticed that 'Skype Video' app has been replaced by 'Skype Preview' app. On trying , have found out that integrated webcam is no longer working. Is this a common problem. How
    do I get the camera working again. Device manager saying that camera is functioning and driver is latest.

COLINBEVERIDGE, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Latest major download and now integrated webcam no longer works

1. Latest major download and now integrated webcam no longer works - Similar Threads - Latest major download

2. Integrated webcam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated webcam not working: Hi, I'm trying to prepare Zoom for an interview tomorrow, and it turns out my laptop camera isn't working. I initially tested it on Zoom and saw that the camera wasn't responding to anything, i.e., there was no image. So I looked into Camera Settings and saw the related...
  3. Integrated webcam not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated webcam not working: Hi, I'm trying to prepare Zoom for an interview tomorrow, and it turns out my laptop camera isn't working. I initially tested it on Zoom and saw that the camera wasn't responding to anything, i.e., there was no image. So I looked into Camera Settings and saw the related...
  4. Integrated webcam is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Integrated webcam is not working: My integrated webcam is not working properly like it works for 5-10 minutes and then it shows camera not attached properly. I had reset the camera app and updated the camera drivers too but still it doesn't work. I have an dell Vostro 3568. Please help! submitted by...
  5. Webcam no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam no longer working: So it appears that this is a problem a lot of folk are currently having, but just want to post my own situation so I can hopefully get to a solution quicker. I have my custom built PC, running Windows 10 Home 1909 Build 18363.836, and for a while my webcam was operating...
  6. Integrated Webcam not working

Integrated Webcam not working: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> 0x80070018 Dell Inspiron 7386 2-in-1 OS - Windows 10 No physical hardware damage on camera Windows update done Device Manager - Camera name shows "USB Boot" Webcam Drivers updated, uninstalled, reinstalled Dell supported all device...
  7. Integrated webcam not working

Integrated webcam not working: Hi, Up until 2 weeks ago, the Webcam worked, all of a sudden, it is not I have followed all steps on the prior blogs, including uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager, with no luck Error message is as below [ATTACH] I would appreciate any assistance...
  8. Integrated Webcam Not Working

Integrated Webcam Not Working: Device USB\VID_0C45&PID_6705&MI_00\6&31b23481&0&0000 requires further installation. My Camera stopped working and I can not figure out what to do next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-not-working/0f077551-ec28-4085-a85f-14930ac4713f
  9. Webcam no longer working

Webcam no longer working: Recently my computer installed a major Windows 10 update, after which my webcam stopped working. I have a Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 webcam that worked without issue before the update. When I try to install drivers from Device Manager, I get an error saying one of the...
  10. integrated webcam inconsistently working

integrated webcam inconsistently working: On my new laptop, my integrated webcam works for Google Hangouts but not for another online chat site. When I attempt to "check my equipment" with the site, the site recognizes my camera for a split second and then disconnects. Any ideas?...