Windows 10: Latest Microsoft update changed my screen settings somehow

Discus and support Latest Microsoft update changed my screen settings somehow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not much to tell, latest update changed the contrast on my screen dramatically... And has made it too dark to play some of my games. Any help would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Loghain, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Loghain Win User

Latest Microsoft update changed my screen settings somehow

Not much to tell, latest update changed the contrast on my screen dramatically... And has made it too dark to play some of my games.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Loghain, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Latest Microsoft update changed my screen settings somehow - Similar Threads - Latest Microsoft update

2. My Windows 10 screen is somehow stretched and I can’t open my setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 screen is somehow stretched and I can’t open my setting.: I tried to find solutions online, most of them told me to open setting. But the issue is that when I tried to open my settings and device manager, both of them didn’t pop * It appears that it has been opened, however, I am unable to access that page. It just appear on the...
  3. Can I revert the latest cumulative update somehow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I revert the latest cumulative update somehow?: Since this latest cumulative update my PC has felt very slow. It takes an extra second or so to open applications. submitted by /u/Leo9991 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iq4zkq/can_i_revert_the_latest_cumulative_update_somehow/
  4. Latest Microsoft update changed icon location.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Microsoft update changed icon location.: Icons were positioned on desk top and had been in the same location for years. Latest Microsoft update now repositions the icons every night to different places on the monitors....
  5. Latest Microsoft Edge update causing Touchpad settings change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Microsoft Edge update causing Touchpad settings change: My synaptics touch pad setting for "Scroll - Switch Direction" gets turned on every time I open Edge. I switch it off, when I shut off computer and later turn on, it is turned back ON. Help!!...
  6. Updates changing my settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates changing my settings: Only had my Lenovo laptop for 6 months and every time windows updates I lose all my desktop settings and the first time it did it, there was a temporary user installed. None of the options and pre-installed programs on start work. When I click on them nothing happens except...
  7. Latest Microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Microsoft update: My PC updating for over 6 hrs. Needed to go to bed and as screen completely blank though the update had hung at 87% so decided to turn it off. Tried turning it on today and wouldnt start. Got a message top left of screen re Personal (cant remember next word, other than it...
  8. all my settings have changed on my laptop, after latest update install.

in Windows 10 Customization
    all my settings have changed on my laptop, after latest update install.: I am currently using a Toshiba Satellite lap top computer and installed the latest update to windows 10. All my settings IE: power down, micro phone, camera, ETC. is all on and active even though it is turned off in the settings. the power being the biggest issue. When I...
  9. latest update to microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    latest update to microsoft: I recently uploaded your update , now my printer wont work and lots of my favorite websites give me an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-to-microsoft/b7f380af-bcb2-40c9-bacf-7e989a27ac3c"
  10. screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update: My laptop downloaded and installed the latest major Windows 10 update this morning (took several hours!), and now my screen resolution has changed - the icons and text are all way too big. There are no system restore points available, so I cannot revert to earlier working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why has a ms update changed screen format