Windows 10: Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

Discus and support Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by angryCustomer69, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are the problems I ran into : First, my Firefox browser just stopped being able to start. I would restart it, and it would freeze seconds after starting. Safe-mode didn't help, resetting didn't help.My AV freezes mid-scan, and refuses to continue scanning.A driver installation froze mid-installation, and refused to continue installing.Every time I try to turn off my computer, it would refuse to shut down, until I force closed 2 "Windows Task Host"

:)

angryCustomer69, Mar 18, 2023
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Mar 18, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

Help With Latest Windows Update (Ruined my Computer)

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

When you say "update", are you referring to the latest November update?

If so, please be informed that updates are meant to enhance the performance of the operating system.

In order to identify if this due to corrupted or outdated drivers, I would suggest you to install the latest drivers by following the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

I would also suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps. System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run
    faster.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "view all" on the left pane.

3. Run the system maintenance troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

1. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer - Similar Threads - Latest Microsoft Update

2. Microsoft has ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft has ruined my computer: I'm not even asking for help anymore. This is just a rant. Recently, my computer has been having an issue where it will blue screen and then restart. Lately this has gotten exponentially worse. 50+ crashes in the past 3 days. What's causing it? A Microsoft program....
  3. Microsoft has ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft has ruined my computer: I'm not even asking for help anymore. This is just a rant. Recently, my computer has been having an issue where it will blue screen and then restart. Lately this has gotten exponentially worse. 50+ crashes in the past 3 days. What's causing it? A Microsoft program....
  4. Microsoft has ruined my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer: The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are the problems I ran into : First, my Firefox browser just stopped being able to start. I would restart it, and it would freeze...
  6. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer: The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are the problems I ran into : First, my Firefox browser just stopped being able to start. I would restart it, and it would freeze...
  7. Latest update ruined my access to files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update ruined my access to files.: Can someone help me get in touch with Microsoft complaint department someone who might actually care!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-ruined-my-access-to-files/f57990af-885e-4199-8ffe-861cb9d89821
  8. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  9. Update ruined my computer

Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  10. Updates Ruined My Computer

Updates Ruined My Computer: Help immediately needed. Since your latest updates my computer has not worked right since. You deleted my background picture, plug & play no longer works so I cannot use my devices, autoplay no longer works so I cannot even start my devices. I can no longer use the internet....