Windows 10: Latest MR update (7.3.5854) broke my DLL links

Discus and support Latest MR update (7.3.5854) broke my DLL links in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; You wouldn't notice the broken links unless you'd mounted an image and then tried to un-mount it when you were done reviewing it (or, in my case,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Wisewiz, May 7, 2021.

1. Wisewiz Win User

Latest MR update (7.3.5854) broke my DLL links

You wouldn't notice the broken links unless you'd mounted an image and then tried to un-mount it when you were done reviewing it (or, in my case, copying some lost files back to their sources). The context menu for a mounted drive should show a Macrium Reflect entry, and that should give you a fly-out that offers to un-mount the drive. My MR entry was gone after the update, and I had to use this process to get it all back: 1. Open Command Prompt with admin rights 2. Type CD "<path to MR folder>" (the quotes are important) <space> regsvr32 <space> RContextMenu.dll <Enter> then repeat for RShellEx.dll It may even have happened with a prior update. I wouldn't know, because I seldom mount my images, but once in a long while I do need to mount one, and it's really important then to have that apparatus for un-mounting the drive on hand.

:)

Wisewiz, May 7, 2021

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, May 7, 2021
  3. b1rd Win User
    DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Latest MR update (7.3.5854) broke my DLL links [​IMG]

b1rd, May 7, 2021
  4. ShiBDiB Win User

D3dx9_30.dll Not Found error in Ashes Cricket 2009

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_30.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

ShiBDiB, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Latest MR update (7.3.5854) broke my DLL links - Similar Threads - Latest update 5854

2. Windows MR On Quest 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows MR On Quest 3?: I've Never tried out Windows Mixed Reality yet, so i was wondering if you could use it on the quest 3 in a way. anything helps! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mr-on-quest-3/43775c60-44da-4797-8f10-8d821a752043
  3. Windows MR On Quest 3?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows MR On Quest 3?: I've Never tried out Windows Mixed Reality yet, so i was wondering if you could use it on the quest 3 in a way. anything helps! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mr-on-quest-3/43775c60-44da-4797-8f10-8d821a752043
  4. last night's update broke link to vcruntime140_1.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    last night's update broke link to vcruntime140_1.dll: how do i fix this - or get an update asap? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-nights-update-broke-link-to-vcruntime1401dll/55048c26-f16e-4cd6-8929-7c1fbc1d9b20
  5. The latest update broke my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest update broke my PC: Yesterday Night I decided to install the latest Windows update. After two hours of updating, my PC restarted. I was able to log in, but the interface looked like it did when I started my PC the first time and had no Graphics Drivers installed. So I thought ok, guess I need to...
  6. Latest update broke my Wifi

Latest update broke my Wifi: Have tried a dozen and one different troubleshooting methods floating around and it will not connect to my network. It's just the disconnected globe symbol in the tray, cannot toggle Wifi on, doing it manually within the network settings doesn't do anything, messing with...
  7. Latest update broke my sound?

Latest update broke my sound?: Ever since the 2/14/2020 update my laptop (Huawei Matebook D) doesn't have sound. I've tried nearly everything I can to fix it to no avail. The Realtek HD Audio Driver simply doesn't even show up in Device Manager so I can't do anything with that. DriverEasy says my Realtek...
  8. Latest update broke laptop

Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  9. Latest update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  10. Latest update broke my computer

Latest update broke my computer: Within the last week or so I installed the latest Windows updates to my laptop. As I was finishing up my usage of the laptop I chose the "Install updates and shut down" option on my computer and let it do it's thing. A few days later I started it up and it indicated it was...