Windows 10: Latest MS Update

Discus and support Latest MS Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Sr, Citizen now, and not too sharp with this "stuff," so please bear with me a bit. MS, again, has done an automatic update without my giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Latest MS Update

Hello,

Sr, Citizen now, and not too sharp with this "stuff," so
    please bear with me a bit.

MS, again, has done an automatic update without my giving permission.
    Hate when they do this; usually messes up something, invariably.

a. Not sure what this latest rev number is, but only a few days old.
    Where do i find it, please ?

b. Is there a link somewhere that says what they revised, and did ?

c. When we got the pc (HP Desktop) it was possible to configure
    it to go to sleep, and the front panel light on the desktop would blink when in this mode.

Then after an update or two, was no longer possible. Others said so also.

Now, it seems to be back. Great.

Anyone have any info. on this ?

d. If I want to get that vertical panel/screen on the left that shows all the options, etc., how
    do I get it it, or make it, Exactly like it was prior to this update ?

Thanks for all the help, and the help in the past; much appreciated.
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

USB 2 devices not reading after win 10 upgrade, latest INF driver installed.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to go to Manufacturer web site and download and install the latest chipset driver for your device and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and install all the updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 6, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest MS Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Latest MS Update

Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Latest MS Update

1. Latest MS Update - Similar Threads - Latest Update

2. Computer won't detect monitor after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer won't detect monitor after latest Windows 10 update: Windows applied a new update this morning and since then one of my monitors isn't working. If I have it plugged in by itself it stays active (the light stays green) and the loading screen appears for a second, but then the screen turns black even though Windows is obviously...
  3. Why does my keyboars stop responding after the latest windows update?

Why does my keyboars stop responding after the latest windows update?: Asus laptop G752 with Windows 10 and auto updates. After 10/17/19 update the keyboard works for an indeterminate time then just stops, mouse still works. Have to hit the power button for a sleep and restart. No specific action or time till quit. No other known issues. This...
  4. Cannot sign-in to my school accounts after latest Win10 updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot sign-in to my school accounts after latest Win10 updates: Thursday night I did the prompted Win10 updates. Yesterday when I attempted to sign into any school related account, including my campus gmail, I get a windows security popup asking for username and password. I get this on Edge and IE. I can sign into anything else that...
  5. Latest update broke laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  6. Since latest October 2019 Windows 10 update, printer is not working

Since latest October 2019 Windows 10 update, printer is not working: Office Word says Epson X100 series printer is not set up properly and has not worked since latest Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-latest-october-2019-windows-10-update/8ed36798-7bd3-49b8-a630-8612f6cf5331
  7. Graphics card issue after latest Win10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Graphics card issue after latest Win10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362: I have an Alienware 17 R2 with GeForce GTX980m Everything seem to be running ok until the latest feature update. Since then I get a Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) on the 980m device and it will not come on at all. I tried...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update ruined my pc: Hey, I have recently installed the new windows ten update and ever since then my pc never boots up properly it always say scanning and repairing drive or else it just goes to a black screen with a cursor. i watched a youtube tutorial and i went into cmd and did a sfc...
  9. Internet messed up after latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet messed up after latest Windows Update: I recently updated my Laptop to the latest Windows 10 version, and since then certain websites/services have been unable to be reached or send an error message about the internet. Thanks for your help....
  10. Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem: I have 9 different computers in my business all running Win10 x64 and we use the Skype for Desktop version on all of them because the Skype Windows 10 app has several serious user interface shortcomings compared to the Skype for Desktop. Up until the last 6 weeks, everyone's...