Windows 10: Latest MS Update

Discus and support Latest MS Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Sr, Citizen now, and not too sharp with this "stuff," so please bear with me a bit. MS, again, has done an automatic update without my giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Latest MS Update

Hello,

Sr, Citizen now, and not too sharp with this "stuff," so
    please bear with me a bit.

MS, again, has done an automatic update without my giving permission.
    Hate when they do this; usually messes up something, invariably.

a. Not sure what this latest rev number is, but only a few days old.
    Where do i find it, please ?

b. Is there a link somewhere that says what they revised, and did ?

c. When we got the pc (HP Desktop) it was possible to configure
    it to go to sleep, and the front panel light on the desktop would blink when in this mode.

Then after an update or two, was no longer possible. Others said so also.

Now, it seems to be back. Great.

Anyone have any info. on this ?

d. If I want to get that vertical panel/screen on the left that shows all the options, etc., how
    do I get it it, or make it, Exactly like it was prior to this update ?

Thanks for all the help, and the help in the past; much appreciated.
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

USB 2 devices not reading after win 10 upgrade, latest INF driver installed.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to go to Manufacturer web site and download and install the latest chipset driver for your device and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and install all the updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 6, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest MS Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Latest MS Update

Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Latest MS Update

1. Latest MS Update - Similar Threads - Latest Update

2. windows crashed my computer with the latest update,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows crashed my computer with the latest update,: So my computer updated the latest update from microsoft, when it rebooted I got the repair windows screen, NO MATTER how much I tried it kept returning to the repair screen NO I couldn't restore to a previous date, it even corrupted that, so I had to REINSTALL windows from...
  3. windows crashed my computer with the latest update,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows crashed my computer with the latest update,: So my computer updated the latest update from microsoft, when it rebooted I got the repair windows screen, NO MATTER how much I tried it kept returning to the repair screen NO I couldn't restore to a previous date, it even corrupted that, so I had to REINSTALL windows from...
  4. Laptop will not open after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will not open after latest update: Following the latest Windows update, my laptop will not work. It displays a welcome scream which looks rather great out. As soon as I touch the keyboard or mouse, it reverts to a blank screen so I am unable to reach the sign in screen. How do I resolve?...
  5. Laptop will not open after latest update

Laptop will not open after latest update: Following the latest Windows update, my laptop will not work. It displays a welcome scream which looks rather great out. As soon as I touch the keyboard or mouse, it reverts to a blank screen so I am unable to reach the sign in screen. How do I resolve?...
  6. The connection from my PC Windows 11 latest update to a secure site is now blocked for both...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The connection from my PC Windows 11 latest update to a secure site is now blocked for both...: After working for years, the connection to secure site https://ebird.org only was suddenly blocked using Edge browser. I switched to Chrome, which worked for a couple of days before it was blocked. I can still connect to all other websites I typically use.From the Edge...
  7. The connection from my PC Windows 11 latest update to a secure site is now blocked for both...

The connection from my PC Windows 11 latest update to a secure site is now blocked for both...: After working for years, the connection to secure site https://ebird.org only was suddenly blocked using Edge browser. I switched to Chrome, which worked for a couple of days before it was blocked. I can still connect to all other websites I typically use.From the Edge...
  8. Windows Explorer performance/loading issues after the latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer performance/loading issues after the latest update: Many of our users are reporting file explorer loading issues, especially with the "Downloads" folder. This has started since installing the latest April 23, 2024—KB5036979 OS Build 19045.4355 update. Explorer gets stuck on the "working on it" screen, and the only way to get...
  9. Windows Explorer performance/loading issues after the latest update

Windows Explorer performance/loading issues after the latest update: Many of our users are reporting file explorer loading issues, especially with the "Downloads" folder. This has started since installing the latest April 23, 2024—KB5036979 OS Build 19045.4355 update. Explorer gets stuck on the "working on it" screen, and the only way to get...
  10. Windows Explorer performance/loading issues after the latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging