Windows 10: Latest MSN Weather update gives event ID 5973

Discus and support Latest MSN Weather update gives event ID 5973 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After MSN weather app updated Event ID 5973 appears with the following message Activation of app Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Redbatman, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Latest MSN Weather update gives event ID 5973

After MSN weather app updated Event ID 5973 appears with the following message
    Activation of app Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
    I tested it by rolling back to a restore point 2 days ago and after the MSN weather app updated same error appears at random intervals. The app works still, but error still appears randomly

These errors didn't start appearing until yesterday.

:)

Redbatman, Apr 19, 2017
  2. Smittychat., Apr 19, 2017
  3. Latest MSN Weather update gives event ID 5973

When you open the App, Use the Feedback link to report it to Support.

Does the app open immediately or is there a hesitation when launched?

From PowerShell (Admin) type or copy/paste the following commands one at a time then press Enter.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\camera\App

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\FileManage

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveC

Reboot when finished then verify error stops.

Smittychat., Apr 19, 2017
  4. BillPa Win User

Both my weather and news apps started doing the same thing with the same error. They open then crash.
    Bill

BillPa, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Latest MSN Weather update gives event ID 5973 - Similar Threads - Latest MSN Weather

2. MSN Weather crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN Weather crash: Hello.I have had some crashes in the MSN Weather program.This is the WinDbg report from the last crash. The failing instruction:3a38.25ec: Unknown exception - code c000027b !!! second chance !!! KERNELBASE!RaiseFailFastException+0x152: 00007ffe`2904db22 0f1f440000 nop dword...
  3. MSN Weather crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN Weather crash: Hello.I have had some crashes in the MSN Weather program.This is the WinDbg report from the last crash. The failing instruction:3a38.25ec: Unknown exception - code c000027b !!! second chance !!! KERNELBASE!RaiseFailFastException+0x152: 00007ffe`2904db22 0f1f440000 nop dword...
  4. MSN Weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN Weather: I used to have MSN Weather on my desktop and Taskbar. After an update it has disappeared. I'm not even sure it is installed. Can anyone tell me how to find it and get it back on the desktop and taskbar?...
  5. MSN Weather on Taskbar

MSN Weather on Taskbar: I rather like MSN Weather. However, the only way I have of using it is to launch it from the Microsoft Store and minimize it to the Windows 10 Taskbar, from which it disappears. Is there any way to put it one the Taskbar so that is stays there, even after reboots?...
  6. MSN weather

MSN weather: How do I uninstall MSN weather? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather/ee1b59c9-c6b7-4265-aa4c-08fc5e895928
  7. MSN Weather

MSN Weather: After the last round of updates the weather apps favorites vanished I use open shell but have never seen favorites vanish before.Any clues why this happens? On 1803 with 10/9/18 updates....
  8. Event Error 5973 on Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Error 5973 on Microsoft Solitaire Collection: [img] After I got rid of the System Restore error: (see System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091 - Page 26 - Windows 10 Forums), I am now getting another error (see screenshot). It says:"Activation of app...
  9. Location for MSN Weather

in Browsers and Email
    Location for MSN Weather: how do I change the location so it shows the weather for my location 25114
  10. MSN Weather App not updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN Weather App not updating.: Anybody else's Weather App refusing to update? Mine's been showing the same temperature and conditions for the last 3 days. Its the same for multiple computers so I think the problem is with the data feed rather than the app. Just figured out that the problem is with...