Windows 10: Latest October feature update resetted and wiped things that weren't supposed to be wiped....

Discus and support Latest October feature update resetted and wiped things that weren't supposed to be wiped.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In particular: - Task scheduler tasks have been brought back to default values, history has been wiped and turned off - All past events viewable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by R. Donot, Oct 3, 2018.

1. R. Donot Win User

Latest October feature update resetted and wiped things that weren't supposed to be wiped....

In particular:

- Task scheduler tasks have been brought back to default values, history has been wiped and turned off

- All past events viewable through Event Viewer have been wiped

- System restore has been shut off and all restore points removed

- Windows update shows no updates in update history other than "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Successfully installed on ‎03/‎10/‎2018" meaning that all past updates history has been removed.

:)

R. Donot, Oct 3, 2018

2. How to wipe X6 for resale

Or just leave the sim card outLatest October feature update resetted and wiped things that weren't supposed to be wiped.... ;)

Thing is that the soft reset will wipe the phone memory and the format will wipe the mass memory regardless of having a Sim card installed or not.

Feel free to check the device afterwards, browsing through contact list, messaging, file manager etc.

Good luck! Latest October feature update resetted and wiped things that weren't supposed to be wiped.... :)

Fender77---01, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Netbones Win User
    Remote Wipe Not Working

I received a replacement HTC Touch 2 from AT&T today under a warranty repair. I have to return the old phone, so I did my free one-time erase from the MyPhone site. After sending the command, the phone rebooted, but came back as it was before. I did a
    soft reset, same thing. On the MyPhone site it says it will continue to send the wipe command for 7 days until the wipe is complete.

If I do a manually wipe on the phone, remove the sim, put it in my new phone, and power it up, will MyPhone be intelligent to know that I've switched phones and not continue to send the wipe command?

If not, how do I cancel the remote wipe??

Argh!

Netbones, Oct 3, 2018
  4. bro67 Win User

Latest October feature update resetted and wiped things that weren't supposed to be wiped....

How to wipe Laptop and keep Windows 10

System Settings, Update & Security, Restore and then choose Reset this PC. If you had private information on it, suggest to do a drive wipe and fresh install.

bro67, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest October feature update resetted and wiped things that weren't supposed to be wiped.... - Similar Threads - Latest October feature

2. WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS UPDATE AND WIPE?: This is incredbly frustrating!! My samsung laptop keeps self updating and then wiping the WHOLE system clean, all work files gone1 i can no longer use the stylus pen or open any apps !!!!why does it keep doing this ???i posponed updates and it still keeps doing this?!?!?!...
  3. Wipe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wipe: Hello, my laptop password isn’t working and my only choice is to wipe the laptop even though I really don’t want to because it has a lot of my school stuff and personal stuff in it. I am pressing shift and selecting restart but it doesn’t give me the wipe menu it only...
  4. Latest updated wiped out admin level accounts

Latest updated wiped out admin level accounts: One of my clients has been experiencing the frustration once again having to suffer through the errant updates MS pushes out. This time, an "update" of some sort have yet to determine which one and nobodies talkin' has done something to the credentials where all of the Admin...
  5. Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update wiped out Apps: During the latest Windows update ~04-14-2021, the system wiped out all browsing data i.e. Google Chrome settings, bookmarks, etc., all my Adobe app data including actions, lightroom presets, and others resorting to factory defaults, and lots of other personal settings...
  6. Complete reset/wipe of laptop

Complete reset/wipe of laptop: Hi i have a Windows 10 hp laptop that i have recently replaced, and wish to fully take back to factory settings for then to set up again as a second usable laptop. i have always had problems with freezing etc. I wish to do a complete and full clear and reset. my query is...
  7. Latest Update wiped out my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update wiped out my computer: The latest Microsoft Update done today 7/11/20 just wiped out all my settings. My outlook does not exist. Did not show my C drive at first but after I rebooted, I saw the C drive where my files were. All my office programs are starting from scratch and they cannot find my...
  8. feature update 2004 wiped out visual studio

feature update 2004 wiped out visual studio: I just applied feature update 2004 and the directories for visual studio 2019 are gone. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-2004-wiped-out-visual-studio/6ad2a21e-a495-4e0a-9edd-5f6ea8177d77
  9. Latest windows update wiped my documents

Latest windows update wiped my documents: My Microsoft Surface Laptop automatically updated to the latest Windows 10 update (as of 28/0819). When it finished, it complelty wiped out all of my documents, downloads a majoirty of my files. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I fix it?...
  10. Latest Update has wiped all files

Latest Update has wiped all files: After doing latest update on closing my desktop it seems all files have been wiped. After signing in I just get a black screen with only recycle bin on it and 1 or 2 on the taskbar at bottom of screen that don't do anything. Is there anyway to solve this have tried going back...