Windows 10: Latest Opera browser

Discus and support Latest Opera browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've recently installed the new Opera browser. and so far am liking it. I've usually used Chrome, and like that, too. I did a little testing on my own,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mr Ed, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Latest Opera browser

I've recently installed the new Opera browser. and so far am liking it. I've usually used Chrome, and like that, too. I did a little testing on my own, using Task Mgr. I find that Opera uses substantially less resources than Chrome.

I like many of the Opera features, such as Opera Turbo, which helps if you're on a slow Internet connection, which I experience occasionally. I can foresee Opera being my browser of choice, but will give it more time for experimentation.

:)

Mr Ed, Feb 17, 2017
  2. prking Win User

How to Update Inbuilt Opera Mini Browser in Nokia 2730 Classic ?

Yes, where Opera Mini is the phone's default browser (it is a custom build) it can't be done.

There is nothing stopping you downloading the latest Opera Mini, but it won't take over as default browser, and you can use it seperately.

On series 40 handsets which have the Nokia Browser as default, then you can upgrade the pre-installed Opera Mini.

prking, Feb 17, 2017
  3. ng85---01 Win User
    Best browser to use with C3-01

Opera 6.5, the latest version is pathetic. If u can find & download 6.1. The inbuilt opera browser in the collection folder is also v good.

The inbuilt Nokia browser isn't upto the mark. Open ovi store on ur phone. It'll ask 4 update if u r using it the first time. Update it. Then open the ovi store. Download the latest version of nokia browser from there.

Both opera & Nokia browser are good but in different conditions-

1. Opera- if u download large files, access feeds, like to access pages offline-the saved pages feature.

2. Nokia browser- good for simply surfing the web & facebook, downloading small files.

ng85---01, Feb 17, 2017
  4. Latest Opera browser

I use Yandex, which is somewhat based on Opera, it supports Opera and Chrome extensions and Opera Turbo as well. I wonder how many features are unique, it looks fairly similar, I should install Opera to compare, but I just do not have time. Maybe we can compare. I like, that Yandex can scroll up by clicking on the tab, it uses Sophos malware filter, Kaspersky download scanner, an inbuilt dnscrypt, a phishing protection and a protected mode (no extensions allowed on SSL webpages like paypal).

TairikuOkami, Feb 17, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    It has a convenient built in VPN as well which is handy if your ISP blocks access to certain sites. Certainly it is easier than using TOR and fixing a specific geographic exit node.

6. Mr Ed Win User
    Hmm, I never heard of Yandex browser. interesting.

Mr Ed, Feb 18, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    It's taken on a lot of aesthetics from Opera Neon!

Edwin, Feb 18, 2017
  8. Mr Ed Win User

Latest Opera browser

I was thinking of trying the Yandex browser out of curiosity, then I learned it has Russian background. I know it's silly, but that kinda turned me off due to all the news about Russian hacking in this country.

Mr Ed, Mar 7, 2017
  9. shimshom Win User
    Lol, You're using Opera which is owned by the Chinese and you're worried about Yandex because it's developed by Russians who are as likely to hack you as you are to fly to the moon and you should worry much more about your own 3 letter agencies hacking you and use the best security policies you can to protect yourself

shimshom, Mar 7, 2017
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi folks

If you need to Bypass the stupid ISP blocks (particularly in UK / France / USA/ Australia etc.) logon with any Linux Distro and use the TOR browser - no need for VPN's etc or other complex stuff. Might also be available on Windows too --never tried that though on Windows --works fine on Linux. Tor browser is a simple (even on Linux) 1-click install. !!!!

Note here IT IS 100% NOT ILLEGAL TO USE TOR !!!!! --- especially as it's sanctioned by the US Military in any case !!!!!!

Good Torrent client is also Deluge

However what you DO with Tor is another matter

Some countries (particularly UK HATE this site which they try and block but is easily got round ) - when you get on to the site select Tor which creates Onion - totally beyond current ISP's to block !!!! and for you even more OK to use it without problems.

Latest Opera browser [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 7, 2017
  11. Mr Ed Win User
    Didn't know Opera was Chinese! Learning something new each day! *Sleepy

Mr Ed, Mar 8, 2017
  12. LaLaLand Win User
    Opera is now Chinese. In a way it is good for privacy in case of VPN/Turbo users. The Chinese will never share any data with others (governments / agencies / ISPs etc.).

LaLaLand, Mar 9, 2017
  13. Stve Win User

Latest Opera browser

Chinese owned but still developed in Norway I trust them. Opera has a regional office in China & I suspect the Chinese version of Opera is very different.
    What I like about the VPN in Opera is the speed without VPN enabled Ookla reports 37 Mbps , with VPN I still get 34Mbps

14. Edwin New Member
    Latest Opera Dev now sporting the 'Opera Neon' option of putting your desktop wallpaper on the New Tab Page:

Edwin, Dec 18, 2017
  15. Edwin New Member
    The Opera browser has been updated to Version 51.0.2830.26. This major update significantly improves performance, provides a range of interface and functionality changes, as well as security and bug fixes.

Edwin, Feb 8, 2018
Thema:

Latest Opera browser

1. Latest Opera browser - Similar Threads - Latest Opera browser

2. Opera Browser sync issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera Browser sync issue: I am using a laptop and it has 2 different user accounts. One is my administrator account and other is a standard account. I user Opera browser and the second account uses Chrome. But whenever there is a popup, it opens the opera browser with everything my account, passwords,...
  3. Opera GX vs Opera – Which is the better browser?

in Windows 10 News
    Opera GX vs Opera – Which is the better browser?: [ATTACH]Opera is one of the oldest browsers in the industry, and it is one of the best as well. It has features such as a built-in VPN, ads-blocker, etc. However, the company also makes Opera GX which they refer to as a Gaming Browser. In this article, we are going to see...
  4. Opera gx browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera gx browser: For some reason whenever i download or am about to download a file the opera window turns red in my task bar even when the download is sucsessful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opera-gx-browser/137d2a91-13f1-4bbf-9408-4ac0eed92c88
  5. Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opera Browser: I have been using the Opera browser for over a year and up until recently it has worked fine. For some reason now, it does NOT open hardly any website. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas? 172829
  6. Problem with Opera browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Opera browser: A version of the Opera browser has been working okay in a Debian Jessie system for about 9 months. Suddenly certain features no longer work :- (1) Can't open attachments in emails, especially PDF attachments. (2) Can't use ALT-P to clear cache/cookies Can anyone explain...
  7. Opera announces first gaming browser - Opera GX

in Windows 10 News
    Opera announces first gaming browser - Opera GX: Uv-jwjKxZsk 0UeXgHVjCOA The new PC browser lets gamers control their computer’s CPU and memory usage to make their gaming and streaming smoother. It also features Twitch integration and numerous customization options. Los Angeles, California/ Oslo, Norway –There are...
  8. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is. <Animated GIF removed> * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  9. About the opera browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About the opera browser: Ok guys, is this true? Opera browser is a virus just because it slow's down my computer? because i will freak out if it is.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/about-the-opera-browser/3b1f1ead-9c27-41ea-b5c5-2952b1d45bd2
  10. latest Opera browser causes BSOD

in Browsers and Email
    latest Opera browser causes BSOD: Since 2 days ago latest Opera browser causes BSOD. It happened all of a sudden 2 days ago. Before this I had no problems with PC. It seems like it is a hardware fault or even drive but manifests itself after some time of using Opera browser. Thank you for all...