Windows 10: Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre

Discus and support Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Where can I get latest Windows Precision Touchpad drivers to use on my HP Spectre ( 2017 model ) ? I tried the drivers from an earlier post on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/purezen, May 9, 2020.

1. Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre

Where can I get latest Windows Precision Touchpad drivers to use on my HP Spectre ( 2017 model ) ?

I tried the drivers from an earlier post on this sub and they are a huge improvement. However, I am having some issues such as the scroll icon over cursor during scrolling and being unable to scroll in the settings menu.

Also I am currently on the F.21 Bios version and there is an update available for F.31 if that matters.

submitted by /u/purezen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/purezen, May 9, 2020

2. Precision Touchpad Driver

Hello

I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and the cursor jumps all over the screen when typing, and selects different input areas, etc. and I want to enable one finger scrolling, which isn't possible with Windows/precision). However, I'm really struggling to do this. I've downloaded the drivers from Synaptics site, but when I disable the device, install this driver (by manually selecting it using have disk), and restart, the touchpad doesn't work at all. If I install the driver by running setup, it appears to install fine, but makes no difference. If I let Windows choose the driver, it reverts back to the precision settings that I don't want!

Been searching all day trying to find something, but no joy - any suggestions?

Thanks

Charlie

charlie1105, May 9, 2020
  3. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

HP Spectre 13-ae000 x360 Convertible PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, May 9, 2020
  4. Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre

Precision Touchpad drivers are crappy on my dell xps 15...

From reading other forums it is clear that this is not only all Dells using precision touchpads but all laptops using it. I have a Lenovo doing the same. I also have the latest updates. I have read on the HP forums and they have the same problems with precision
    touchpads.

Precision touchpads are a Microsoft imitative to quite rightly force manufacturers to raise the standard but Microsoft have been sloppy on their side so all they have done is enforced a lower standard that is more difficult to use.

I get frustrated that all I get from Microsoft is the standard steps of updating drivers etc. and then a corporate statement. The only thing missing is being told to try switching it off and on again.

PhilipWindows, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre

1. Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre - Similar Threads - Latest Precision Touchpad

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?: hello, i am using an HP pavillion x360 14 inch convertible laptop with windows 11 and i'm trying to figure out how to get the precision touchpad drivers on it because the preinstalled drivers synaptics SMBus Clickpad 19.5.35.50 are not good. There is a lot of missing...
  5. how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?: hello, i am using an HP pavillion x360 14 inch convertible laptop with windows 11 and i'm trying to figure out how to get the precision touchpad drivers on it because the preinstalled drivers synaptics SMBus Clickpad 19.5.35.50 are not good. There is a lot of missing...
  6. the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the windows precision driver on my Hp spectre x360 is trash after the october update: scrolling up or down will get laggy and choppy in browsers, edge and chrome. pinch zooming changes the actual page zoom as well, the zoom option you find in the top right menu. before the update, my scrolling was smooth. im using the precision driver, not the synaptics...
  7. Regarding Driver for precision touchpad

Regarding Driver for precision touchpad: Laptop : Dell XPS 14 L401X WIndows 7, upgraded to windows 10 insider latest build I had a normal touchpad on my laptop. The driver was synaptics pointing device. I wanted a precision touchpad. So, I found some information on this website : How to enable a Precision Touchpad...
  8. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  9. Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?

Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?: ok, so I have been working on this issue for a while now. I finally found something in my manuals that states the touchpad is a Precision so dell does not have a driver for it. the trackpad depends on the windows native driver. All settings/devices/touchpad is the only...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...