Windows 10: Latest processors denied Win 7/8.1 updates

Discus and support Latest processors denied Win 7/8.1 updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I think there's at least few screws left on this one from my first 386. Reminds me of Terry Pratchett... This, milord, is my family's axe. We have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dalchina, Apr 13, 2017.

1. lx07 Win User

Latest processors denied Win 7/8.1 updates

Reminds me of Terry Pratchett...

2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I'm sure Linux will have some sort of kernel mods for it -- Linux doesn't necessarily have to go through the same processes to get stuff out of the door because there are always hobbyists etc working with it -- the downside of course is it might / might not work on all systems.

I use Linux as a server because I don't have to run the latest versions -- e. running CENTOS 7 (the Free clone of RHEL enterprise server used by zillions of companies around the world) --stable as a rock and for basic file / multi-media serving and Internet gateway it doesn't have to be running on leading edge hardware.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 15, 2017
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

@lx07

W10 running as a VM on Linux works perfectly - so no probs running Office 2016 etc.

However there's a reasonably good FREE clone which works also on Linux -- much better then openoffice or Libre office --doesn't have an email client though unfortunately but it it's really compatible with the rest of the standard Ms Office suite.

Best office run on Linux platform, WPS Office for Linux

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Try the free LibreOffice, actually cross-platform with Linux, Windows and Macintosh. It's quite similar to Microsoft Office and compatible with the file formats, even the discontinued Microsoft Works. Only downside is doesn't have a comparable E-Mail Client for Outlook. As for Games, it depends on whether the game programmers create for Linux, most don't, but there's a lot of different games available, just not the high-powered ones.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest processors denied Win 7/8.1 updates - Similar Threads - Latest processors denied

2. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  3. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 and in an attempt to install it on my system currently running on Win 8, it's taking more than 8 hours and it's still stuck at 0% complete.Therefore something is not right.I have a strong internet connection.Please someone help!...
  4. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  5. Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1

Update from Win 8 to Win 8.1: I have downloaded Win 8.1 from Microsoft site and on unzipping to install and upgrade my Win 8, it's taking like forever for the installation to progress past 0% complete.Please what do I do?...
  6. Can I Update 1 Processor At A Time?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I Update 1 Processor At A Time?: I'm using an Acer TravelMate with Windows 10 Pro and scared that if there is an imbalance or something in the processors, the notebook might crash and not respond or my notebook might not work. It has 4 processors (Intel Pentium CPU N3700 w/ 1.60 GHz) and I want everything to...
  7. Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1: Is it possible to reset a computer which originally had Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10? I want it back to the way it was AFTER the upgrade, just as if it had been a new computer with Win 10 installed. I have backed up all data files (and have all software for...
  8. Latest 7-Zip Update

Latest 7-Zip Update: Latest 7-Zip Version 18.04 beta 25 April 2018 [img] 7-Zip Changelog: http://7-zip.org/history.txt 18.04 beta 2018-04-25 ------------------------- - The speed for LZMA/LZMA2 compressing was increased by 8% for fastest/fast compression levels and by 3% for...
  9. WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8: Hi, I have lots of Registry tweaks ( reg files ) from the win7/8 forums collected over the years. When I set up win 8, I noticed many of the win 7 reg settings were similar and worked in win 8, but a few did not, mainly to do with ui iirc. Now I want to use the...
  10. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917