Windows 10: Latest releases 03/10/21 changed my taskbar AND screensaver background color to a horrible...

Discus and support Latest releases 03/10/21 changed my taskbar AND screensaver background color to a horrible... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Win10 desktop. Today, 03/10/2021, my computer updated with these: Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5000802 Servicing Stack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NewbieJay, Mar 10, 2021.

1. NewbieJay Win User

Latest releases 03/10/21 changed my taskbar AND screensaver background color to a horrible...

I have Win10 desktop.

Today, 03/10/2021, my computer updated with these:

Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5000802

Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.860

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player

Feature Update to Windows 10 20H2 via Enablement Package KB4562830

Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB4598481

Update for Microsoft Windows KB4601050

and, with it, it changed the background color of my taskbar from black to a light silver aka a milky white. Also, it changed the background color of my Bubbles screensaver from black to white, rendering it unpleasant to enjoy and also quite bright. It's now a nightlight, rather a roomlight. My taskbar with its new white background tries now to compete for my visual attention, this is not good.

How do I changed these two things back to a black background? The Settings screens allow me to toggle colors between Light/Dark/Custom but that also affects the backgrounds of my email client too, so that's not the way to go.

Thank you.

:)

NewbieJay, Mar 10, 2021
  2. eddiepop Win User

Changing background color of taskbar

New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions?

eddiepop, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Change Background and Taskbar Colors

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and am trying to change the background and taskbar colors with no luck. I tried everything I know to do and followed suggestions from the community. Help!!

B and ValerieMoore, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Latest releases 03/10/21 changed my taskbar AND screensaver background color to a horrible...

Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Latest releases 03/10/21 changed my taskbar AND screensaver background color to a horrible... - Similar Threads - Latest releases changed

2. taskbar is horrible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar is horrible: I fight with the taskbar every day. Whoever decided to force the taskbar on the screen should be fired. Every time a window opens in the background, I have to find where it is in order to use anything at the bottom of the screen like printing. Even when I could care less...
  3. taskbar is horrible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar is horrible: I fight with the taskbar every day. Whoever decided to force the taskbar on the screen should be fired. Every time a window opens in the background, I have to find where it is in order to use anything at the bottom of the screen like printing. Even when I could care less...
  4. Horrible pink background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Horrible pink background.: My solitaire collection games all have a pink background that I don't know how to get rid of. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/horrible-pink-background/67867856-c3df-4719-8208-195176e1a216
  5. Start menu, task bar color changed with the latest update 6/21/21. Can not change the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, task bar color changed with the latest update 6/21/21. Can not change the...: Start menu , task bar color changed with the latest update. I cannot change the color because the Start, task bar and action center is grayed out....
  6. changing background colors

in Browsers and Email
    changing background colors: I tried to introduce myself in the introductions thread but it was closed. My name is Bev, been here a while but never posted but I need some help. I redid windown 10 on Sunday but can't seem to get the black color off chrome start page. I know it's something with...
  7. Taskbar background color change

Taskbar background color change: The background color on by taskbar is now a different color (light gray) maybe since an update 6/27/19? I can't find out how to change it back to black. I've been in through Control Panel/Taskbar but to no avail....
  8. Background and/or screensaver

Background and/or screensaver: What happened to the feature where the screen saver was "live" and would automatically change and based on whether you liked it or not it would continue changing along a similar theme? I seem to have lost that feature and now it's the standard choice of about 5 options for a...
  9. Changing background color of taskbar

Changing background color of taskbar: New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions? 22356
  10. How do I change the background color for the taskbar?

How do I change the background color for the taskbar?: In an old thread this question was asked and the response labeled "partially solved". I disagree; the advice given (to go to "personalization" and turn "show color on Start, Task bar, action center and title bar" to "on" and pick a color) does not change the background color...