Windows 10: Latest round of updates - computer won't sleep and instead shuts down.

Discus and support Latest round of updates - computer won't sleep and instead shuts down. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After this latest round of updates, my laptop no longer goes to sleep when you close the lid, it shuts off entirely instead. I've already went through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/knarglegarth, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Latest round of updates - computer won't sleep and instead shuts down.

After this latest round of updates, my laptop no longer goes to sleep when you close the lid, it shuts off entirely instead. I've already went through all the power options and I still can't seem to find the fix.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/knarglegarth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/knarglegarth, Nov 21, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Computer Shutting Off Instead of Sleeping

Since October (the October update, I think), my computer is shutting down instead of sleeping. Trouble shooter or other solutions I have found here not working. (Reason #465 I wish I could have control over these awful updates.)

Suggestions?

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 1803 Build 17134.471

Dell XPS 9530

IAMOPERAFLUTE, Nov 21, 2020
  4. jazzbazz7 Win User

Latest round of updates - computer won't sleep and instead shuts down.

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for a while, or select sleep from the shutdown menu options. I've looked up the issue, and it seems to be
    fairly common, but none of the solutions I've found have worked.

Things I've tried:

• Changing the values in Power Options
    • Updating my IMEI driver
    • Disabling my IMEI driver
    • Checking the BIOS to make sure Power Saving mode is enabled

Solutions I've seen that I can't do:

• Roll back the IMEI driver to a previous version - I don't have a previous version of the driver to roll back to, and I can't seem to find one online, so I can't do that
    • Uncheck the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option in the Power Management tab of IMEI Properties - This tab doesn't exist for me

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

jazzbazz7, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Latest round of updates - computer won't sleep and instead shuts down.

1. Latest round of updates - computer won't sleep and instead shuts down. - Similar Threads - Latest round updates

2. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  3. Shutting down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting down instead of sleeping: When I put it on sleep, it automatically shuts down. I have to force restart every time and loose all my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-instead-of-sleeping/b554dbef-82c7-49ea-ba8a-38c45e25613e
  4. Windows won't shut down, sleeps instead

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won't shut down, sleeps instead: Windows just started a new behavior. When I shut down Power->Shut down the computer no longer powers down. Instead it whirrs a bit then goes to sleep. I get the flashing light indicating sleep mode. When I touch a key, it starts up again, but it's 50-50 whether it will...
  5. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  6. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep: About 2 weeks my computer just started shutting down when putting it to sleep. I don't know why it started doing that and i've checked the power options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze [link] [comments]...
  7. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for a while, or select sleep from the shutdown menu options. I've looked up the issue, and it seems to be fairly common, but...
  8. Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.

Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.: Greetings, everyone! <3 I know there had been threads on this topic, but none of those helped me. Here are my PC specs mind you it's PC, not a laptop: Processor: AMD A6-9500 RADEON R4+5, 8 COMPUTE CORES 2C+6G 3.50 GHz RAM: 4 GB Hard: 120 GB SSD System type: 64-bit...
  9. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  10. Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is an operating system that is packed with a ton of features. Many of the features are related to turning off computers in different states so that power can be saved at different levels. It lists out as [...] This post Windows computer shuts down...