Windows 10: Latest SD card driver Gives a Code 48

Discus and support Latest SD card driver Gives a Code 48 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have looked on google, reddit, and other forums for about a good 4 days before coming here. I have a pretty old laptop that i just use for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Skylarman225, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Latest SD card driver Gives a Code 48

I have looked on google, reddit, and other forums for about a good 4 days before coming here. I have a pretty old laptop that i just use for transferring files and internet browsing. its a dual core amd e-2 1800 with a radeon hd 7340 graphics (old i know), and whenever im trying to plug in an SD card, nothing reads. i checked the driver, and windows had the latest, went to realtek and i found out that the driver is the same one that windows provides, which gives an error code 48 upon looking at driver status. does anyone have a solution? id love to avoid having to buy an SD card to usb adapter.

:)

Skylarman225, Jun 12, 2019

2. sxuptp driver code 48

sxuptp driver code 48 contact vendor for a new driver

vendor silex technology inc....i cant locate the vendor and my computer isnt recognizing a sd card is inserted

jercilia jones, Jun 12, 2019
  3. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Latest SD card driver Gives a Code 48

display driver ,code 48

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Code 48 errors can be related to corrupt or outdated device drivers. Drivers can work one day, and suddenly stop working the next day, for a variety of reasons. The good news is that you can often update the device driver to fix the Error 48 problem.

Finding the exact driver for your Error 48-related hardware device can be extremely difficult, even directly on the Microsoft Corporation or related manufacturer's website. Even if you are experienced at finding, downloading, and manually updating drivers,
    the process can still be very time consuming and extremely irritating. Installing the wrong driver, or simply an incompatible version of the right driver, can make your problems even worse.

Uninstall your display drivers:

1. Click Start, type Device Manager, and press Enter.

2. Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall (for example, the graphics card would be listed under Display Adapters).

3. Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

4. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Next step try install driver from official manufacture of your Device.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Latest SD card driver Gives a Code 48

1. Latest SD card driver Gives a Code 48 - Similar Threads - Latest card driver

2. SD card drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD card drivers: Hello,for some reason on my toughbook everytime I want to use the SD card slot I have to uninstall the SDA standard compliant SD host adapters under SD host adapters in device manager put the SD card in and scan for hardware changes. If i take the card out and then back in I...
  3. SD card drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card drivers: Hello,for some reason on my toughbook everytime I want to use the SD card slot I have to uninstall the SDA standard compliant SD host adapters under SD host adapters in device manager put the SD card in and scan for hardware changes. If i take the card out and then back in I...
  4. SD card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SD card driver missing

SD card driver missing: I need the SD card driver for a Dell Latitude E6320. It is missing since a update and reinstall of windows 10. The SD card slot is not showing right now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-driver-missing/0b7a6f4e-ae89-4294-92a0-05a3118a07e8
  6. Driver SD Card doesn't work, code 10 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver SD Card doesn't work, code 10 error: Dear, When I insert my SD card in my laptop, it doesn't pup up in my hardwares (it does in another devices). I can't fixed the problem, tried already software updates and fixing problem functionality in Windows. See attachment. Hope you guys have a solution for it. Kind...
  7. SD card driver not working

SD card driver not working: I am trying to transfer some files to an SD card, but it is not showing up in file explorer. When I check Device Manager, it says the driver for SD cards has been blocked from working, showing a code 48. However, if i try to update, it says I already have the best version of...
  8. sd card needs driver, driver error

sd card needs driver, driver error: I have a scandisk 128gb sd card I am trying to use on my tablet and it tells me driver error Anyone have any sugestions? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-needs-driver-driver-error/d9557594-692b-49c9-8a39-bca8f687db02
  9. display driver ,code 48

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display driver ,code 48: my pc is running windows 10 ,version 1809 (oct.update 2018) intel hd 4000 display driver has problems, if i try to update its says windows has stopped installing this device cause it has problems with windows (code 48)...
  10. realtek sd card reader code 48

realtek sd card reader code 48: I have an HP Laptop with a Realtek PCIE Card reader. It stopped working after the Win 10 anniversary upgrade. It has the following device status on Device Manager; The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have a problem with...