Windows 10: Latest security update has broken my laptop

Discus and support Latest security update has broken my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a notification that a security update had to be applied to Windows 10 so I did so and my usb keyboard and mouse no longer work. The updates were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cardcrash, Feb 24, 2020.

1. cardcrash Win User

Latest security update has broken my laptop

I had a notification that a security update had to be applied to Windows 10 so I did so and my usb keyboard and mouse no longer work. The updates were KB4532693 and security update KB4538674. I uninstalled the first update which didn't change anything but was then unable to uninstall the security update, I just get that chime when I click on it that means 'no'. I then tried system restore but that didn't work either, and when I tried to reverse that it said there was some unexplained error and I now have no restore points. What the hell am I supposed to do?

:)

cardcrash, Feb 24, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Feb 24, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Latest security update has broken my laptop - Similar Threads - Latest security update

2. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  3. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  4. Window security has broken for me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window security has broken for me: I use a Dell Vostro and currently using Windows 11. Yesterday, my sister logged off my window account and logged in to her. And now my window security showing a caution icon. When I click on it, the section "Virus & threat protection" and "account protection" took forever to...
  5. Activation broken by latest update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation broken by latest update?: Suddenly seeing Activate Windows on a machine running fine for 10 years....tried to go to Settings to run activation troubleshooter as recommended by the bot, but Update/Activation screens will not open at all?...
  6. Latest feature update is broken

Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...
  7. My laptop has been broken by latest windows 10 update

My laptop has been broken by latest windows 10 update: My laptop did the latest update last week and while typing an essay for Uni crashed and stopped working. My laptop has been wiped of everything ? My question is can i claim off microsoft as i know need a new laptop?...
  8. The new critical update has broken my laptop

The new critical update has broken my laptop: Hi there, I have installed the latest critical update on my Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1N1 laptop running windows 10 and now it's thoroughly borked. I followed the steps on windows.com/stopcode as advised on the bluescreen but my laptop was unable to start in safe mode (It...
  9. The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The latest security update has turned my desktop into a paperweight.: I have only my destop screen picture showing and the blue cirle when I put the mouse indicator on anything near the power settings on the left. I should be happy, I suppose, since at first all I was getting was a gray screen. I have rebooted several times to no avail....
  10. Latest update has broken GPU driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update has broken GPU driver: Update from July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165) has done something to the drivers on my GTX960 4G , so I had to reinstall them. Before I did that csrss.exe was taking up 2.2G of VRAM, and about 25-30% of its processor. That was really annoying, because it was as if...