Windows 10: Latest Skype doesn't have "quit" feature

Discus and support Latest Skype doesn't have "quit" feature in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OK, checked and the version downloaded (from MS Store) into my friend's computer last night is 8.34.01.82 which should be the latest. After two chat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Airider, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Airider Win User

Latest Skype doesn't have "quit" feature

OK, checked and the version downloaded (from MS Store) into my friend's computer last night is 8.34.01.82 which should be the latest. After two chat conversations with Skype Support (either AI or human, not sure, because in both chats got some incorrect info which humans could also provide, so re: Turing Test, could be human or AI) .... easily turning Skype TOTALLY off is problematic and unclear.

First this latest Skype 8.34.01.82 / App 8.34 does NOT have a right-click "quit" feature in Taskbar icon (not possible to have a Skype icon per se in Desktop, only an ersatz "Document-type" icon labeled Skype link). It can be "turned off" by clicking the red X box in upper rt. corner of the Skype window .... according to the AI/humans, a new "feature". Checking in Task Manager usually showed Skype off, that is, not present in running task list. However a few times there were TWO Skype tasks in "Suspended" mode with zero usage ("0") with an indication of some waiting input link, looking to me like an open radio channel (i.e., WiFi, which I have always turned off, using ONLY Huawei Mobile Partner over cellular data network through local Internet provider, prepaid). When I clicked "end task", then no Skype activity, "suspended" or not, showed up in Task Manager in subsequent on/off tests during that session.

The AI/human told me that the X-click was replacing "quit", but I see that is not always true. Is there any easy work-around way to simply get this latest version of Skype to QUIT now? My version, updated a month ago through Kaspersky STILL has the "quit" rt-click Taskbar icon option ....

:)

Airider, Dec 2, 2018

2. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Dec 2, 2018
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest Skype doesn't have "quit" feature - Similar Threads - Latest Skype doesn't

2. Updated to the feature update but it doesn't have the latest features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to the feature update but it doesn't have the latest features: So I've updated my laptop to the latest version and was exited to see the new/better start menu but here's the twist, it looks exactly the same as before, no, I'm not tripping, I'm 100% sure. The ugly square around every icons is still there. And I tried to test if it has...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't start after latest Feature 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't start after latest Feature 2004 Update: Hi, I have updated my Windows 10 desktop to the 2004 Feature release, and now the PC just goes into diagnosing mode and fails to start Windows. I've tried safe mode, and it fails to load, I don't seemed to have turned on System Restore so I can't roll back. Any help or...
  4. Latest Feature update

Latest Feature update: I have noticed for a while that the latest feature update has been available to be to download. I do not want to be too quick off the mark in case there are bugs in it. Is it possible that it will download at some point without my intervention?...
  5. Latest feature update

Latest feature update: Are others having problems getting homepage and other sites to open? At times my PC just freezes. I have uninstalled the new Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8, version 1903 and reinstalled it. I'm still having the same problems. Does anyone have a fix?...
  6. Highlights feature removed in latest Skype Insider build

in Windows 10 News
    Highlights feature removed in latest Skype Insider build: Hello Skype Insiders! We heard your feedback and have taken a step back to simplify Skype. With this approach you'll see that we've removed the Highlights feature. We now have very focused navigation with Chats, Calls, and Contacts, making it even easier for you to engage...
  7. Skype features currently being worked on

in Windows 10 News
    Skype features currently being worked on: Thank you to every Skype user that has taken time to share feedback with us. Your opinion matters deeply and helps drive our priorities forward. We are committed to making Skype the best and most powerful communication platform out there for connecting work groups, families,...
  8. Skype Preview for Windows 10 gets a new feature in latest update for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview for Windows 10 gets a new feature in latest update for Insiders: Late last week, Microsoft updated Skype for Windows with one new feature that lets you hide conversations instead of deleting them. The new feature is currently available in the latest preview release and it’s gradually rolling out to all platforms this week. “We’re glad to...
  9. Latest Skype for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Skype for Windows: Skype for Windows v7.17.0.106 Download the full offline installer here: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full 35898
  10. Skype doesn't save password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype doesn't save password: Hey, I've recently changed my Skype password to something as v$*irFvKN9jl but everytime when I start Skype I have to login by entering my username and password, can I make it automatic because searching for the password in LastPass is a bit annoying. Thanks!° 59637

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I quit skype but it doesnt disapeer from quick laucnh

2. no quit in skype 1809

3. skype does not have a quit