Windows 10: Latest Spydish can now prevent the installation of major Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Latest Spydish can now prevent the installation of major Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The latest version of the Windows application Spydish introduces support for preventing Windows Update to offer and install new feature updates on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 29, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Latest Spydish can now prevent the installation of major Windows 10 updates

The latest version of the Windows application Spydish introduces support for preventing Windows Update to offer and install new feature updates on the device.

Spydish is a relatively new program for Windows 10 by the maker of the deprecated program Debloatnet. It provides system administrators with options to make important privacy and security changes to the system in a single operation. You can check out our in depth review of Spydish here, or check out our overview of Windows 10 privacy programs here.

The latest version of Spydish is available on the project's GitHub repository. Just download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the application to your system, extract the 44 Kilobyte archive, and run the executable once the extraction completes.

Note that you should run the program with elevated rights and that you may get a Windows SmartScreen warning prompt when you run the application.

Latest Spydish can now prevent the installation of major Windows 10 updates spydish-windows-10-feature-updates-block.png

You find the new option under Updates, it is called Block major updates. The new feature uses the recently discovered Registry hack to define the desired version of Windows 10 on the device. It can be used to stay on the active version, e.g. Windows 10 version 1909, or specify a version of Windows 10 that the device should be upgraded to.

The Spydish implementation supports the first option. If you enable the option, Spydish will set the keys in the Registry so that the current version is selected as the target version. In other words: Windows 10 won't offer newer feature updates on the device.

The only exception to the rule is when the active version is about to run out of support. Microsoft will push updates to devices that will run out of support before that happens, and the Registry key won't prevent the company from doing so.

It is possible to set the Registry keys manually as well, as described in our guide that we published last week. The main advantage that Spydish offers is that it is nearly automated, the disadvantage that you cannot use it to specify a version that you want the device to be upgraded to.

Now You: Do you use Windows 10 privacy tools?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Latest Spydish can now prevent the installation of major Windows 10 updates appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 29, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 29, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Jun 29, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Latest Spydish can now prevent the installation of major Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Latest Spydish prevent

2. Installed latest Windows updates and Copilot is now missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed latest Windows updates and Copilot is now missing: I was using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 and I really appreciate the Copilot feature. But after installing the latest Windows Updates, now I can't use Copilot any more. No preference entry in taskbar settings, no pop-up window showing up after pressing Windows + C, it's like the...
  3. Installed latest Windows updates and Copilot is now missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed latest Windows updates and Copilot is now missing: I was using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 and I really appreciate the Copilot feature. But after installing the latest Windows Updates, now I can't use Copilot any more. No preference entry in taskbar settings, no pop-up window showing up after pressing Windows + C, it's like the...
  4. Installing the latest optional Windows 10 feature update for Nov 2022 prevents windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing the latest optional Windows 10 feature update for Nov 2022 prevents windows...: I don't recall the update number but it was only released in the last few days. It installed fine and prompted a restart which I did. I now get a blue screen and windows start-up failure. Using advanced options I am trying to uninstall the last update but my password isn't...
  5. Installing the latest optional Windows 10 feature update for Nov 2022 prevents windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing the latest optional Windows 10 feature update for Nov 2022 prevents windows...: I don't recall the update number but it was only released in the last few days. It installed fine and prompted a restart which I did. I now get a blue screen and windows start-up failure. Using advanced options I am trying to uninstall the last update but my password isn't...
  6. Installing the latest optional Windows 10 feature update for Nov 2022 prevents windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laserjet CP1025 can not be installed on latest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laserjet CP1025 can not be installed on latest windows 10 update: Laserjet CP1025 can not be installed on latest windows 10 update, but installs and works fine on earlier windows 10 version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laserjet-cp1025-can-not-be-installed-on-latest/d2cf08b2-885e-4430-86f9-3cff41b42eb0
  8. LDPlayer is preventing me from installing the latest Windows update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LDPlayer is preventing me from installing the latest Windows update?: I've been struggling with this problem for the past month. I noticed it when I tried to update after some of my .exe files weren't opening. It says I have to manually uninstall it, but I got it from the Microsoft Store. When I went to go uninstall it, it no longer showed...
  9. Latest major download and now integrated webcam no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest major download and now integrated webcam no longer works: After receiving 20h2 download, integrated webcam no longer works. This had happened beforevon a major download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-major-download-and-now-integrated-webcam-no/304456fe-02cf-4f82-bdb5-b67cb0533d16
  10. Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.: Since the last major update a few weeks ago, my 1 year old computer that has NEVER had any of the following issues prior to this update is plagued by: Won't shut down properly. Hangs - Have to force shutdown with power button. Won't restart properly. Hangs - Have to...