Windows 10: Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!

Discus and support Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there After latest update (using current build 1607) - totally lost LAN capability on Network -- laptop connects via Wifi but not LAN !!!! --LAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Oct 12, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!

Hi there

After latest update (using current build 1607) - totally lost LAN capability on Network -- laptop connects via Wifi but not LAN !!!! --LAN adapter - Bog standard INTEL so shouldn't be any problems with it. I have to have LAN at this work gig for security-- I can use private wifi for public access but I have to have LAN for Company network on this gig.

Undid latest updates -- now works perfectly.

C'mon Ms - we all know Networking has always been a weak link in Windows -- just LOCK some of your brightest developers into their offices until they get it TESTED and FIXED - and only feed them on Bread and Water until they do !!!!!!!

I HATE playing this "Will it work or won't it" after an update -- it's OK if you are in a development lab where you can test and play with machines at will but if you've got things to do and the computer updates unpredictably and then doesn't work properly --that's NOT acceptable.

Fortunately (I might be bonkers in some peoples eyes) but I always backup the laptop daily !!! Glad I did this time otherwise no access to company LAN !!! and that would have been a problem waiting for a day or two for them to sort out an old clunky work laptop running at the speed of molassess !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 12, 2016

2. windows 10 update KB4019472 stuck at 77 percent

Hello Lawrence Lib,

Ran the maintenance tasks, said no problems.

Ran the optimize Windows speed and performance; got error code 0x8007002

This is what I got. The issue first started when Windows update 1607 was installed. Have the latest update installed now. On 1607 the problem was Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (4). Now on the latest update, the one that installed on Sunday
    PM, the problem is now Service Host: Local Service (No Network) (3). It just start running whenever it wants to.

Thanks very much for you assistance.

Granville Graves

GranvilleGraves, Oct 12, 2016
  3. No network adapters after update

I recently updated my Alienware desktop which is running windows 10 with the latest update version 1607 for x64 based systems. (KB4013418). This was a automatic update. KB4013429 failed to update. I am unable to connect to the internet and no networks
    are available. I have tried updating drivers, resetting and running network trouble shooter.

Kevin Larson 690, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Galane Win User

Try the Windows Club FixWin 10 utility, Can't connect to Internet, Problem Regarding DNS resolution, and Repair Winsock options.

Just did those on my laptop after having 1607 break my WiFi. Watching to see if that fixed it.

Galane, Oct 12, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    I do feel for you Jimbo. You seem to get all of the networking problems windows can dish out.

I don't think you are bonkers. Unlucky I guess. Or perhaps you are the only person who mentions it.

I struggled with networking and made fstab like this (I forget where I got it from or I'd link it) and it works for me. Code: # <file system> <dir> <type> <options> <dump> <pass> UUID=b023985e-c449-4301-ae92-582e6d3c39b3 / btrfs defaults,compress 0 0 //192.168.1.100/Transmission /mnt/MacBook cifs credentials=/root/secret.txt,iocharset=utf8,uid=1000,gid=1000,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,nounix,nofail,x-systemd.device-timeout=1 0 0[/quote] and /root/secret.txt like this. I use a MS account to sign onto Windows but I find using name and domain works better (more reliably) than putting in L: xxx@hotmail.com) Code: username=Hali domain=TP5 password=xxxxxxxxxx[/quote] I'm not saying it will 100% work - just it does for me.

6. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Oct 13, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    He is after all doing some pretty advanced stuff on his network that even I do not get that deep into. It only takes one screw up by Microsoft to kill a carefully balanced and maintained network.

bro67, Oct 13, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

The 10/11/16 cumulative were waiting in queue on her's. Hold onto your seats guys and lets see if I kill her laptop.

I am one of those that is currently dealing with Chrome causing certificate errors and minor Sierra Public Beta on my Macbook Air. If life was not hard enough trying to fix Microsoft's mess, I have to deal with figuring out who is at fault when OS-X goes tits up on me.

bro67, Oct 13, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    JImbo I just ran the updates on my wife's laptop with a Intel 7260ac Dual-Band Wifi Chipset. No problems with speeds or disconnects. Solid 867mbps on it and the driver stayed the same from back in this May.

bro67, Oct 13, 2016
  10. Galane Win User
    FixWin 10 appears to have beat it into submission. I let my laptop sit for about an hour after rebooting after using FixWin, and it still had a good WiFi connection when I shut it down.

Galane, Oct 13, 2016
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I said LAN was causing problem --not WIFI -- if you read the OP I said I HAD to have LAN working due to security reasons !!!!
    WIFI DID work - I said that in the post. !!!!

I got the LAN to work eventually with 1607 by running it as a VM on a Linux host on the laptop.

I'm messing about with another machine to analyse problem further. It's got same INTEL LAN adapter so will be a decent test. The machine is working perfectly on W7 PRO X64 -- will try an upgrade. !!

Another unrelated issue - on the original laptop PLEX now asks for wretched certificates every time it starts on Windows --that's definitely new !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 13, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    The certificate problem is from a huge change in removing all of the SHA1's, which broke things. I had to flush the key cache and cert in Sierra.

I did not catch LAN at first. Figured if it affected one adapter, it would have affected the other in how these network issues seem to propogate.

bro67, Oct 14, 2016
  13. Galane Win User

Try FixWin 10, poke the 3 buttons I specified. That fixed networking on my laptop. It kicks things for *all* the network interfaces.

Galane, Oct 14, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    The problem is that Jim is doing things with his setup that FixWin can end up breaking the install that he uses. The VM's are lagging behind the release of 1607 at this point, along with Microsoft breaking the OS after the Oct. 11th Cumulative updates.

bro67, Oct 14, 2016
  15. M4v3r1ck Win User
    M4v3r1ck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!! - Similar Threads - Latest update 1607

2. Questions regarding updating Windows 10 Pro 1607 to latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions regarding updating Windows 10 Pro 1607 to latest update: Hey friends. I have purposefully kept my windows 10 installation on the 1607 anniversary for a variety of stability reasons. Due to some issues with software compatibility, I am feeling obligated to take the plunge to the latest version. A few google searches have proven...
  3. Latest Windows Update not installing again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Windows Update not installing again: I enjoyed last months update for Windows 10 2004 because it wouldn't install. I thought I went through the whole nine yards and gave up eventually by hiding the thing. I was so hoping this months update would install but the same thing. On two other computers, it installed...
  4. Latest Windows Update not installing again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Update not installing again: I enjoyed last months update for Windows 10 2004 because it wouldn't install. I thought I went through the whole nine yards and gave up eventually by hiding the thing. I was so hoping this months update would install but the same thing. On two other computers, it installed...
  5. Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update: Hi there I can't logon to NAS (Linux) from latest updated Windows 10 (Workstation Edition) any more (works perfectly FROM NAS TO Windows) Shares work if you manually connect via "connect network drive" with IP address but as I'm using DHCP I don't want to have fixed IP...
  6. Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates: Hi there I can't figure out what's broken this time again with networking I can't connect to NAS (Linux) server any more -- refuses to accept password even though it's correct. Connect works perfectly on W7 and also FROM the NAS TO Windows 10. Anyway here's the result of...
  7. Macrium VSS problem (again new build 1607 with updates)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium VSS problem (again new build 1607 with updates): Hi there The latest batch of Windows updates on latest build 1607 seems to be causing me a few problems Latest one -- VSS fails when running Macrium -- although backup seems to continue successfully. Should I just ignore the error. [img] After taking the...
  8. HomeGroup Issues - Windows 10 1607 x64 & latest Updates

HomeGroup Issues - Windows 10 1607 x64 & latest Updates: Hi Everyone I'm having some HomeGroup issues as follows:- - Windows 10 1607 X64 with latest cumulative updates - Logged on as local Admin User to Desktop PC - Homegroup that was previously working now no longer working (this Desktop was used to create the Homegroup)...
  9. Just updated my laptop to 1607 and networking is broken, again.

Just updated my laptop to 1607 and networking is broken, again.: RTM had the problem, 1511 had the problem. Almost a year after RTM release, Microsoft released on July 12, 2016, a Servicing Stack Update for both which fixed the not being able to keep an internet connection going problem. Now we have the 1607 update and... unstable...
  10. Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from 1607 to 1703 failing (again!): If you look up my threads, you'll find that last winter going from 1511 to a properly working 1607 proved impossible after seven tries, so I cleared the system SSD, disconnected all the other HDD/SSD's and did a clean reinstall. Well, same thing is happening with 1611 to...