Windows 10: Latest update= blackscreen of death

Discus and support Latest update= blackscreen of death in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows latest update ran a few days ago. Went straight into black screen with the circling 5 dots. I have tried the cntrl, alt, esc to no avail. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveMiller7, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Latest update= blackscreen of death

Windows latest update ran a few days ago. Went straight into black screen with the circling 5 dots.

I have tried the cntrl, alt, esc to no avail. I have tried the triple start up where as windows goes into a self diagnostic... Nothing.. I have also tried the triple startup to where I get the recovery screen. However, at that point mouse and keyboard are shut down. In fact all USB, and pin type ports are dead.. Any ideas?

Thank you for any input

:)

DaveMiller7, Jul 14, 2019

2. Window 10 Update blackscreen no cursor

I update to Windows 10 this week and have yet to my computer function. At first I had a cursor and it showed my weather app against a blackscreen. I started following a fix going through the task manager and type"regedit" into the Creative to task bar,
    clicking yes, it came up with the Registry Editor and then shortly after it switched to a full blackscreen of death. My computer is quietly humming, my black screen is lit, and I now have no cursor. How can I fix this? I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop.

katiebroeders, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 14, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Latest update= blackscreen of death

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Latest update= blackscreen of death :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Latest update= blackscreen of death

1. Latest update= blackscreen of death - Similar Threads - Latest update= blackscreen

2. Having problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death: When using my Computer, wether playing Games, writing Emails or surfing in the Internet my Screen would randomly turn black and after a while the Computer freezes with what I assume is a Bluescreen, which I cannot see because the Screen turning black.After manually rebooting...
  3. Having problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death: When using my Computer, wether playing Games, writing Emails or surfing in the Internet my Screen would randomly turn black and after a while the Computer freezes with what I assume is a Bluescreen, which I cannot see because the Screen turning black.After manually rebooting...
  4. White screen of death after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen of death after latest updates: I'm having white screen of death issue with ASUS TUG gaming laptop, windows 11, here's how it looks like after login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-11-leads-me-to-white-setup-screen/888d0e65-37d1-4445-b111-5e70cf795702, after recent...
  5. White screen of death after latest updates

White screen of death after latest updates: I'm having white screen of death issue with ASUS TUG gaming laptop, windows 11, here's how it looks like after login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-11-leads-me-to-white-setup-screen/888d0e65-37d1-4445-b111-5e70cf795702, after recent...
  6. Windows update causing blackscreen

Windows update causing blackscreen: Windows update causing blackscreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-causing-blackscreen/8831e06c-7449-43b2-a632-500148fa04f8
  7. Keep getting "Blackscreen of Death" - tried many things to fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting "Blackscreen of Death" - tried many things to fix: I have been getting a black screen randomly during the use of my pc over the past month. It is nearly impossible to predict when it happens. Sometimes it occurs right when I turn on my pc , sometimes after 2 hours of use. Sometimes it happens when I launch an app, other...
  8. "Blue screens of death" and freezing after latest update.

"Blue screens of death" and freezing after latest update.: Hi, I've had this PC for nearly two years now without any issues. I just installed the latest Microsoft updates a few days ago and ever since then, my PC has been experiencing several issues. The dreaded "blue screen of death." and periodic freezing. My PC occasionally...
  9. Blue screen of death after latest windows update

Blue screen of death after latest windows update: So computer got updated over night two days ago, woke up to a blue screen of death with clock_watchdog_timeout, rebooted but same thing again. Managed to get into safe mode, checked the memory tool etc with no issues and also did a stress test of the cpu with no issue....
  10. Latest Windows update causes a blue screen of death!

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Windows update causes a blue screen of death!: Hi, The issue I have been having is related to the latest Windows 10 update which installed on my laptop (HP Envy 13) around December 23. After the update the laptop refused to boot up, giving me the notorious “blue screen of death” and a notification of some SrtTrail.txt...