Windows 10: Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs

Discus and support Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently pushed a new update for Photos app on Windows 10 and if the reports are believed to be true, the new software update is making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs

Microsoft recently pushed a new update for Photos app on Windows 10 and if the reports are believed to be true, the new software update is making Photos app unusable on some Windows 10 devices.

Many users have complained that the Photos app throws error “File System Error -2147219196” when they double-click on a JPG, PNG or other image file format. A user explains on Microsoft forum that the Photos app updated on July 17 and it doesn’t open anymore.

Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs File-System-Error-Photos-app.jpg

Every attempt to open a photo via the Photos will result in “file system error (-2147219196)”. It’s worth noting that resetting and repairing the app from the settings menu is of no help.

The users on social media website Reddit also claims that the issue is occurring on their system. In every case, the problem appears to be exactly the same. Some users claim that the issue is occurring after installing the latest cumulative update.

How to fix File System Error 2147219196 in Photos app on Windows 10

It appears that the users can fix this error by uninstalling the Photos and reinstalling it from the Microsoft Store. You can uninstall any built-in app, but Microsoft doesn’t allow you to easily uninstall them in the usual way and it could be risky if not done properly.

You can also fix the Photos app by reinstalling Windows 10 OS or resetting the PC but if that’s not something you’d like to do, you can follow the below steps to uninstall the Photos app.

Note: We do not take any responsibility and we are not liable for any damage that could be caused through the use of the following apps and tools.

Uninstall the Photos app with a PowerShell cmdlet

• First, open PowerShell with administrator rights.
    • Hit Windows+X or right click on start button, and then choose the “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” option from the context menu.
    • Run this command to remove the Photos app:

Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs Remove-Photos-app.jpg

• Go to the Microsoft Store and search for Microsoft Photos and install the app.
    Third-party tools

• Download the third-party tool called Windows 10 Store Apps Uninstaller from here and remove the Photos app from the system.
    • Alternatively, you can also download the third-party app called CleanMyPC uninstaller from here and remove the Photos app.

The post Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 22, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Microsoft Decreasing Windows 10 Updates Downtime in Fall Creators Update

If you're a standard Windows user, you probably find Windows updates something of a pain - especially when they force you to reboot your PC after they're installed. But imagine you own a business that constantly has its machines up and running, but also requires the latest security upgrades; each minute of downtime for installing such updates is lost revenue. Because of that issue, which companies brought to Microsoft's attention over the years, the company is streamlining its update process, decreasing the amount of update steps that need to be taken offline (which means less time waiting for the machines to become available to use following an update.)

Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs xS3v6SsY1Oth1GTi_thm.jpg

Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs rb329X0kNSIMR51b_thm.jpg

Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs kef8qVLYFSTGu48s_thm.jpg

Usually, in updating your Windows system, there are two phases: an "online" phase, in which your PC automatically checks for new updates and actively downloads required system files while allowing you to keep using the computer for various tasks. The second "offline" phase is where the bulk of the work occurs during the update process, and doesn't allow the user to make use of the machine while this process is taking place (read reboot update sequences, for instance.) With Microsoft's latest streamlining process, two steps that previously took place during the "offline" phase will migrate to the online phase. Namely, 1) user content (apps/settings/configurations) back-up and the laying down of new OS files (Windows Image [WIM] process.)

Microsoft's Jason Howard, in a blog post for the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, said that "By moving the old offline portions of the upgrade process to the online phase, upgrades will appear to take longer if you're watching or timing the progress. We didn't want to sacrifice usability for offline time so the upgrade processes are run at a lower priority to provide for best performance."

Sources: Microsoft Feedback Hub, Via HotHardware

Raevenlord, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest update breaks Microsoft Photos app on some Windows 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Latest update breaks

2. Latest update Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!!!: I just updated Microsoft Edge latest version today and Microsoft Edge breaks Microsoft Edge!!! I'm using Windows 10 22H2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai8aFaKrl5o...
  3. Latest updates break Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest updates break Windows 10: I've seen the notifications on various forums about the latest windows update breaking windows 10 and 11 for some users. Below is some information I've found and issues that I feel need to be addressed.1. The update still comes up as a mandatory update. While you can postpone...
  4. Latest updates break Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest updates break Windows 10: I've seen the notifications on various forums about the latest windows update breaking windows 10 and 11 for some users. Below is some information I've found and issues that I feel need to be addressed.1. The update still comes up as a mandatory update. While you can postpone...
  5. Latest updates break Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Latest Windows quality updates breaking all my Win11 PCs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows quality updates breaking all my Win11 PCs.: Hi there So, the latest quality update for both my computers has been messing them up. First, I have a HP laptop running 22H2. On the latest version, the screen just keeps flickering until you plug in a monitor. If you plug in 2 monitors then the second monitor will also...
  7. Latest Windows quality updates breaking all my Win11 PCs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows quality updates breaking all my Win11 PCs.: Hi there So, the latest quality update for both my computers has been messing them up. First, I have a HP laptop running 22H2. On the latest version, the screen just keeps flickering until you plug in a monitor. If you plug in 2 monitors then the second monitor will also...
  8. Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 latest update is wrecking PCs for some users: Windows Updates have a dreadful track record of late, with almost every single update causing users some serious problems. There are multiple reports on Microsoft’s forums, our comment section, and Feedback Hub from people complaining about a range of issues after applying...
  9. Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 latest update crashes PCs for some users: If you check for updates and install February optional updates, you could experience system crashes and other issues including a bug that causes graphics card to disappear. As per reports from users, Windows 10 KB4535996 crashes some computers and it leads to performance...
  10. Windows 10 KB4100347 is reportedly breaking some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4100347 is reportedly breaking some PCs: Windows 10 is reportedly hitting some weird issues after installing KB4100347 Intel microcode update. KB4100347 is a microcode update that is supposed to mitigate your PCs against Spectre flaw. The update was originally published in July and it was revised by the software...