Windows 10: Latest update broke my computer

Discus and support Latest update broke my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Within the last week or so I installed the latest Windows updates to my laptop. As I was finishing up my usage of the laptop I chose the "Install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyanMichaelKennedy, May 1, 2019.

1. Latest update broke my computer

Within the last week or so I installed the latest Windows updates to my laptop. As I was finishing up my usage of the laptop I chose the "Install updates and shut down" option on my computer and let it do it's thing. A few days later I started it up and it indicated it was setting everything up, as it would when new updates have been installed. It then brought me to a black screen and said "diagnosing PC" and then "Attempting to repair". After that failed it brought me to a blue screen where I could 1) shut down the computer, 2) Restore it while keeping my files, 3) wipe it completely, 4) attempt to repair it again, or 5) open advanced setting. I tried to repair, but keep my files and that was unsuccessful, I tried to restart a couple of times, also unsuccessful.

It is a computer I use for university and also have many travel pictures, so wiping it is not a viable options. What are my viable options?

Thank you.

:)

RyanMichaelKennedy, May 1, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, May 1, 2019
  3. bbinnard Win User
    Thunderbird Daily's latest update broke the program

The latest update 60.0a1 (2018-02-01) totally broke the software. It won't connect to my email server, rendering it useless for email. It also won't show my calendar, or task list, won't show the Options window, and won't show What's New either.

I've got a Macrium backup from which I can restore the previous version, but it's set for auto update which means as soon as I start it the same bad update will get installed.

bbinnard, May 1, 2019
  4. Latest update broke my computer

Windows 10 update broke my computer?

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger Safe Mode through the Windows
    Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
    • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
    • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore
    point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View by, click Category and select Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Melowin Mar, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Latest update broke my computer

1. Latest update broke my computer - Similar Threads - Latest update broke

2. Latest windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows update broke my computer: I tried installing an update 10 minutes ago, but when it restarted the taskbar was completely deformed. Uninstalling the update didn't help, it's stuck like that. I need help trying to reverse it....
  3. Latest windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest windows update broke my computer: I tried installing an update 10 minutes ago, but when it restarted the taskbar was completely deformed. Uninstalling the update didn't help, it's stuck like that. I need help trying to reverse it....
  4. The latest Windows update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest Windows update broke my computer: I can't even boot back to the PC now shows a RAM light error on the motherboard and it all started after "update and shutdown". Great job submitted by /u/Select_Plane_1073 [link] [comments]...
  5. The latest update broke my PC

The latest update broke my PC: Yesterday Night I decided to install the latest Windows update. After two hours of updating, my PC restarted. I was able to log in, but the interface looked like it did when I started my PC the first time and had no Graphics Drivers installed. So I thought ok, guess I need to...
  6. latest windows 10 update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows 10 update broke my computer: Hello, I have tried to delay updating as much as possible, but Microsoft got me this past weekend. No trouble until today. Suddenly I could not see my networked drives, nor see most of the files on my computer. Could not navigate, kept freezing, mydesktop disappeared, and...
  7. Latest update broke my Wifi

Latest update broke my Wifi: Have tried a dozen and one different troubleshooting methods floating around and it will not connect to my network. It's just the disconnected globe symbol in the tray, cannot toggle Wifi on, doing it manually within the network settings doesn't do anything, messing with...
  8. Latest update broke my sound?

Latest update broke my sound?: Ever since the 2/14/2020 update my laptop (Huawei Matebook D) doesn't have sound. I've tried nearly everything I can to fix it to no avail. The Realtek HD Audio Driver simply doesn't even show up in Device Manager so I can't do anything with that. DriverEasy says my Realtek...
  9. Latest update broke laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  10. Latest update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...