Windows 10: Latest update broke Wi-fi!

Discus and support Latest update broke Wi-fi! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At first I thought wi-fi was down but then noticed all the other devices are up. I booted off the backup drive that hasn't had that update applied to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dictum, Oct 4, 2018.

1. dictum Win User

Latest update broke Wi-fi!

At first I thought wi-fi was down but then noticed all the other devices are up.

I booted off the backup drive that hasn't had that update applied to it yet and ruined. The good copy is on 1803. I am not sure what it is on the broken since I cannot post from there, since there is no network connectivity.

I don't know precisely which update broke since it applied several patches.

This is really unacceptable.

:)

dictum, Oct 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 4, 2018
  3. wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Latest update broke Wi-fi!

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Latest update broke Wi-fi!

1. Latest update broke Wi-fi! - Similar Threads - Latest update broke

2. Error with Wi-Fi after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with Wi-Fi after latest updates: Hi, I have an error after updates with finding wi-fi network. But it is not usual, It is also a little bit freezing my pc, pc can't reboot properly, internet sign showing that I don't have an internet connection while I've connected ti internet with cable and internet works...
  3. Error with Wi-Fi after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with Wi-Fi after latest updates: Hi, I have an error after updates with finding wi-fi network. But it is not usual, It is also a little bit freezing my pc, pc can't reboot properly, internet sign showing that I don't have an internet connection while I've connected ti internet with cable and internet works...
  4. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  5. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  6. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Latest update broke laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  8. Windows 1903 update broke wi-fi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1903 update broke wi-fi: I was forced to install 1903, and when it FINALLY finished my PC did not automatically connect to wi-fi and when I displayed available connections it only showed the 2.4GHz connections. EVERY windows update screws up wi-fi one way or the other. Microsoft engineers should...
  9. Latest update broke Wi-fi!

Latest update broke Wi-fi!: At first I thought wi-fi was down but then noticed all the other devices are up. I booted off the backup drive that hasn't had that update applied to it yet and ruined. The good copy is on 1803. I am not sure what it is on the broken since I cannot post from there, since...
  10. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update BROKE Wi-Fi Adapter

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update BROKE Wi-Fi Adapter: Hello everyone! So a couple of weeks ago (I think) I decided to install the Fall Creators Update on my computer. It was already running Windows 10 and everything ran fine. However, when the update installed and the computer rebooted, the Wi-Fi adapter wasn't working. It is...