Windows 10: Latest update cause error

Discus and support Latest update cause error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichApps, Sep 15, 2020.

1. RichApps Win User

Latest update cause error

I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier

:)

RichApps, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Edleen Win User
    Possible Causes of atikmdag errors

I was courious to see how many different causes there are to the infamous atikmdag.sys error that strikes widely across and has so for a long time, I am getting it myself also and it is really starting to wear me out. It is pretty annoying having a $520 Readeon 3870x2 card if you can't use it without errors.

So first of all, here is the apparant reason for my atikmdag error:

When I play a game, regardless of settings, clocks or anything else, the fan speed wil not be adjusting and the card will get hotter as it performs. As soon as the card gets hot enough, my system will attempt to speed up the fan and as soon as they do, I get the atikmdag error. I never hear the fan of my card go beyond 30% fan speed unless I push it using Rivatuner.

Anyone else got other apparant reasons?

By the way, here are the steps I have been trying to fix it
    • Renaming atikmdag.sys to "atikomdag.sys(old)
    • Set fan speed profiles in Rivatuner depending on temeprature thresholds
    • Setting fixed fan speed in Rivatuner
    • Installing only the ATI drivers without Catalyst Control Centre
    • Replacing RAM blocks
    • Trying older drivers
    I have probably tried a few

Edleen, Sep 15, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

I'm running the latest drivers (358.87) and I haven't experienced any of those issues, I played cod 3 with no problems, offhand I'd say when you updated the drivers there was a error somewhere, most likely when installing
    the patched driver, were any errors listed in the Install.cmd text output? My best suggestion is to reinstall the latest official drivers (358.87) and then reinstall the latest patched driver paying close attention to
    any errors that might be listed from the text output from the Install.cmd.

jbailey8, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Latest update cause error - Similar Threads - Latest update cause

2. Latest Update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  3. Latest Windows Update Causes Fatal Error World Of WarCraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update Causes Fatal Error World Of WarCraft: Hi I downloaded the latest Windows UpdateFebruary and now it causes the fatal Error 132 and terminates the Program but if i uninstall the update World of Warcraft it runs fine . Is there a way I can Fix this so it doesn't happen? I have updates Temporally turned off....
  4. Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!: I have tried loading the latest Windows updates (see attached) several times and have experienced problems each time. I have backed all of them out at the present time. My laptop seems to run much slower and the fingerprint scanner does not work among other things after these...
  5. Latest update causing a boot loop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update causing a boot loop?: Latest update came out, my computer updated last night. My computer now will boot up, allow me to login for from 3-10 minutes and then reboot back to login. Computer never cycles power at all. Anyone else having issue? submitted by /u/hutch0607 [link] [comments]...
  6. Internet problems caused by latest update

Internet problems caused by latest update: Hi all, I have installed KB4541335. Now I have a problem that my laptop is connected to router, but there is no internet. Th IP address starts from 169. I tried to install optional update KB4554364, but it seems it did not help. I have found some temporary solution - I have...
  7. Buzzing noises, caused by latest update?

Buzzing noises, caused by latest update?: My laptop has started emitting a random glitchy buzzing noise when playing videos or music, it was fine for years and has just started doing it in the last few weeks Things I have looked at so far Restarting the machine Trying different programs (Spotify, Firefox, VLC)...
  8. Latest Window Update causing problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  9. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...
  10. Latest update causes dual log in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update causes dual log in: I got an automatic update yesterday (Sunday). When I restarted it came up with two Avatars of my login. When I tried to log on, one of the two had no log in info and the other had my password blank. I had it setup to automatically log in but that is also gone. I didn't try to...