Windows 10: Latest Update caused BSOD

Discus and support Latest Update caused BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Birney86, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Birney86 Win User

Latest Update caused BSOD

So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then on a further reboot allows me to use the PC. I have checked the GPU drivers and Updated to the most recent, but again I am black screened.Any advice?

:)

Birney86, Jul 18, 2021

2. Persistent BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Ok understood CW. Could it be possible that even though the memory used is in the QVL list for the motherboard that it would still cause BSODs? I don't really feel like futzing with Memtest so would next steps be updating to latest BIOS, installing all RAM and then retesting?

RyanTScott, Jul 18, 2021
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Latest Update caused BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Latest Update caused BSOD - Similar Threads - Latest Update caused

2. Latest Updates causing repeated BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Updates causing repeated BSOD.: About two weeks ago the windows auto updater installed new updates to my computer and from there on my computer would crash within 1-10 minutes of restarting. I would get an error:KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.I restarted in safemode safe mode does not crash, which is what I'm...
  3. Latest update cause error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  4. Latest update causing a boot loop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update causing a boot loop?: Latest update came out, my computer updated last night. My computer now will boot up, allow me to login for from 3-10 minutes and then reboot back to login. Computer never cycles power at all. Anyone else having issue? submitted by /u/hutch0607 [link] [comments]...
  5. Internet problems caused by latest update

Internet problems caused by latest update: Hi all, I have installed KB4541335. Now I have a problem that my laptop is connected to router, but there is no internet. Th IP address starts from 169. I tried to install optional update KB4554364, but it seems it did not help. I have found some temporary solution - I have...
  6. Buzzing noises, caused by latest update?

Buzzing noises, caused by latest update?: My laptop has started emitting a random glitchy buzzing noise when playing videos or music, it was fine for years and has just started doing it in the last few weeks Things I have looked at so far Restarting the machine Trying different programs (Spotify, Firefox, VLC)...
  7. Latest Window Update causing problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  8. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...
  9. latest Opera browser causes BSOD

in Browsers and Email
    latest Opera browser causes BSOD: Since 2 days ago latest Opera browser causes BSOD. It happened all of a sudden 2 days ago. Before this I had no problems with PC. It seems like it is a hardware fault or even drive but manifests itself after some time of using Opera browser. Thank you for all...
  10. Latest update causes dual log in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update causes dual log in: I got an automatic update yesterday (Sunday). When I restarted it came up with two Avatars of my login. When I tried to log on, one of the two had no log in info and the other had my password blank. I had it setup to automatically log in but that is also gone. I didn't try to...