Windows 10: Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows

Discus and support Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer recently updated (against my wishes, might I add) and the fallout has been ridiculous. The update failed, causing my laptop to throw itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tangentialWholism, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows

My computer recently updated (against my wishes, might I add) and the fallout has been ridiculous. The update failed, causing my laptop to throw itself into an infinite loop of "attempting to recover installation," "undoing changes made to your computer," and restarting. I had to have my laptop completely wiped, which certainly got it to boot, but now apparently I need to activate Windows 10. I've never had to do this before, as my computer came with Windows 10, presumably Home edition. I have no product key because it came pre-installed. I'm at a loss for what to do.

:)

tangentialWholism, Nov 20, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Latest update from Windows has caused blue screen of death?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • Did you reinstall the update and the application after resetting the computer to factory settings?

We need crash dumps in order to know what is causing this issue and suggest the appropriate steps to follow.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the message along with the crash dumps. Dump files can be found in C:\Windows/Minidump/*.dmp.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try with the steps mentioned in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and see if it works.

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 20, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows

1. Latest Update Caused Deactivated Windows - Similar Threads - Latest Update Caused

2. Windows 11 Deactivated after latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Deactivated after latest Update: A few days ago, my home-built PC running Windows 11 for last few months started showing the "Activate Windows" message in the lower left corner.I have a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, and initially installed Win11 Pro back in January.I believe the issue...
  3. Windows 11 Deactivated after latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Deactivated after latest Update: A few days ago, my home-built PC running Windows 11 for last few months started showing the "Activate Windows" message in the lower left corner.I have a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, and initially installed Win11 Pro back in January.I believe the issue...
  4. Latest Update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  5. Latest update cause error

Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  6. Windows 10 deactivated after latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 deactivated after latest update: Hello everyone, I updated my windows overnight to the latest version available to me on August 21st. After that, I noticed my version of Windows 10 Pro deactivated. I have tried the troubleshoot option but it tells me that it is not connected to the internet, although I am....
  7. Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!: I have tried loading the latest Windows updates (see attached) several times and have experienced problems each time. I have backed all of them out at the present time. My laptop seems to run much slower and the fingerprint scanner does not work among other things after these...
  8. Latest Window Update causing problems

Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  9. Windows 10 latest update caused system to become deactivated. Message says go to settings...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 latest update caused system to become deactivated. Message says go to settings...: When the update was completed, the message now says Windows is not activated. We have a copy of WIndows 10 Pro that started out on this system as Windows 8.1 Pro back in 2014 approx. At some point in time, it received an update to WIndows 10 pro and has worked fine for the...
  10. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...