Windows 10: Latest update caused dvd and printer to be unrecognizable

Discus and support Latest update caused dvd and printer to be unrecognizable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My machine kept failing to install the 1709 cumulative update. I followed the instructions here Fix After running the updates I noticed that my cd rom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mperemsky, Jul 9, 2018.

1. mperemsky Win User

Latest update caused dvd and printer to be unrecognizable

My machine kept failing to install the 1709 cumulative update. I followed the instructions here Fix

After running the updates I noticed that my cd rom was no longer functioning. It showed up under device manager with a marker that said the driver was not signed, but nothing else. Windows said the latest driver was installed. however, I could not get the machine to recognize anything inserted into it. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, which did not work. I uninstalled the ide and dvd drivers and reinstalled them and that did not work.

The same with the printer, I had to scan something but the printer was not found. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver software but it failed to find the printer after reinstalling the drivers.

At this point I am forced to look for a laptop in the house to install Windows 7 on. I would love to resolve the Windows 10 problems. However, I am not a fan of Microsoft thinking they know better than me and forcing these updates onto my machine that are constantly breaking it. I suppose they are right, they are protecting me. If I can't use the machine it can't get a virus!

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

mperemsky, Jul 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Latest update caused dvd and printer to be unrecognizable

Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Latest update caused dvd and printer to be unrecognizable

1. Latest update caused dvd and printer to be unrecognizable - Similar Threads - Latest update caused

2. The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print: I updated Windows 10 this morning. A little bit later I tried printing some labels on my Zebra 450 and nothing. I restored the PC back to yesterday and now it is working. I also tried updating the drivers for the printer but it would not install them....
  3. The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print: I updated Windows 10 this morning. A little bit later I tried printing some labels on my Zebra 450 and nothing. I restored the PC back to yesterday and now it is working. I also tried updating the drivers for the printer but it would not install them....
  4. The latest Windows 10 update caused my label printer to not print

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Latest Update caused BSOD

Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  6. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  7. Unrecognizable font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unrecognizable font: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TahitiYEETi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khlk9w/unrecognizable_font/
  8. Latest update cause error

Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  9. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...
  10. Latest update causes dual log in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update causes dual log in: I got an automatic update yesterday (Sunday). When I restarted it came up with two Avatars of my login. When I tried to log on, one of the two had no log in info and the other had my password blank. I had it setup to automatically log in but that is also gone. I didn't try to...