Windows 10: Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone.

Discus and support Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi.After windows 11 auto updated last night it installed an update I'd previously had to uninstall because it bricks my computer. It causes aggressive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jb-1234, May 25, 2023.

1. Jb-1234 Win User

Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone.

Hi.After windows 11 auto updated last night it installed an update I'd previously had to uninstall because it bricks my computer. It causes aggressive screen flickering and no programs will open except task manager.This time recovery mode refuses to uninstall the update so I am now stuck with a very expensive, blinking paperweight. It's almost as if forcing updates on users is a really bad idea. I can't remote into work and words cannot describe how angry I am.Anyway. Now what? Booting into safe mode fixes nothing. I can't roll back the update. I have no functioning restore point has that fea

:)

Jb-1234, May 25, 2023

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, May 25, 2023
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, May 25, 2023
  4. AlanR246 Win User

Screen flicker and hangup on desktop screen

The short term fix for me was to roll back to Windows 7. I did not have the time to work through the issues but will try again in a week or so. I had a call in to the Microsoft Answer Desk and got a call back after I rolled back. Pasted below are the suggestions
    to attempt find the problem. In my case, I suspect Norton was the culprit since that was the common product on both my desktops and I was not seeing a flicker in Task Manager window.

From the Microsoft Answer Desk:

Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

To start, press this key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

If this opens Task Manager and that window is NOT flickering:The likely cause is Software Compatibility issue causing Explorer.exe to crash repeatedly.

• Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to open additional tools as-needed. Be sure to check the box to run tools as Administrator. These could include:

appwiz.cpl: Opens Programs and Features

compmgmt.msc: Opens Computer Management

cmd.exe
    • You can search for crash events in the Event Logs and find if any third party DLLs are the faulting module in the Explorer,.exe crashes Or uninstall software that is likely to include shell extensions.
    • If removing software does not resolve the issue, use these commands to repair Windows:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    We have reports that removing these apps help resolve the issue:

• Norton Antivirus
    • Other AV solutions
    • iCloud
    • IDT Audio (faulting module IDTNC64.cpl)
    If Task Manager is flickering, or it didn't open, proceed with display driver troubleshooting:
    The likely cause is a display driver or display hardware issue.

• Boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Use the same steps here as for Black Screen issues - if dual chipset, disable built-in graphics, if still flickers, try with only the other chipset enabled.
    • If this does not work, or there is only a single chipset, uninstall the device and remove the driver software.
    • Then boot into Windows and update the drivers to the latest from the manufacturer.
    Here are the Steps for the Flickering issue.

If we see the screen flickering after sign-in there are two possible causes - apps causing Explorer to crash, or display driver issues.

AlanR246, May 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone. - Similar Threads - Latest update caused

2. Screen flickering after latest Windows 11 security update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering after latest Windows 11 security update: The screen flickers repeatedly after the latest security update is installed and my computer restarts. I can open the task manager Ctrl+Esc, and the task manager does not flicker. Everything else keeps flickering. Device specifications: Lenovo Legion 5 gen 2 Microsoft Windows...
  3. Since the latest 2 updates, my screen flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the latest 2 updates, my screen flickers: Since these 2 updates : 2023-09 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB50312172023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219My screen began to flicker. I can be browsing Edge, watching...
  4. Since the latest 2 updates, my screen flickers

Since the latest 2 updates, my screen flickers: Since these 2 updates : 2023-09 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB50312172023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219My screen began to flicker. I can be browsing Edge, watching...
  5. Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone.

Latest update caused screen flickering, cannot be undone.: Hi.After windows 11 auto updated last night it installed an update I'd previously had to uninstall because it bricks my computer. It causes aggressive screen flickering and no programs will open except task manager.This time recovery mode refuses to uninstall the update so I...
  6. Latest update of windows cause blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update of windows cause blue screen: Hello ! On 30th of March I updated my windows 11 and now I’m receiving just blue screen of death!! I’ve tried with uninstalling the last update, diagnosing the system, prompt command and I can’t fixed it !! I also used safe mode to recovery the system but it didn’t help. The...
  7. Latest update of windows cause blue screen

Latest update of windows cause blue screen: Hello ! On 30th of March I updated my windows 11 and now I’m receiving just blue screen of death!! I’ve tried with uninstalling the last update, diagnosing the system, prompt command and I can’t fixed it !! I also used safe mode to recovery the system but it didn’t help. The...
  8. 20H2 update causes white flickering screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 update causes white flickering screen: I have installed 20H2 three times. Each time Edge comes up with setup directions. Behind is a white flickering screen which is unresponsive - even the start button and task bar are unresponsive. I have to ctrl+alt+del to sign out & reboot in safe mode to run the...
  9. Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen: Hello, i just got the popup for the latest windows windows update and went ahead to update it. I let it run and update, although when i came back, i was greeted by a grey, blank screen. I assumed it was part of the update procedure, but after 30 mintues, I resorted to...
  10. what causes screen flicker?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what causes screen flicker?: what causes screen flicker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-causes-screen-flicker/8a14c746-99dd-4b49-b453-e2baeff30b4b