Windows 10: Latest update causes Chrome to crash when I try to print

Discus and support Latest update causes Chrome to crash when I try to print in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The latest update (KB4524147) installed itself this afternoon and now whenever I try to print from Chrome, Chrome crashes while trying to bring up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DCC_88, Oct 4, 2019.

1. DCC_88 Win User

Latest update causes Chrome to crash when I try to print

The latest update (KB4524147) installed itself this afternoon and now whenever I try to print from Chrome, Chrome crashes while trying to bring up the print preview. I can print from Outlook or Word without problems.

:)

DCC_88, Oct 4, 2019

2. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 4, 2019
  3. after latest windows 10 update, I cannot even print offline, also it says is preview loading, but it does not

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in offline printing after installing the latest update on your device. Let me try to help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which was the latest update installed on your device?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to printing any specific document?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Dude Win User

Dude, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Latest update causes Chrome to crash when I try to print - Similar Threads - Latest update causes

2. Update KB5014666 crashing a programs when I try to print anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5014666 crashing a programs when I try to print anything.: HelloAfter Update to KB5014666 a lot of programs start crashing when I try to print. NO differences is it print to PDF or just to the real printer.For exampleEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2Installed on ‎5/‎10/‎2021OS build 19044.1806Serial number...
  3. Update KB5014666 crashing a programs when I try to print anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update KB5014666 crashing a programs when I try to print anything.: HelloAfter Update to KB5014666 a lot of programs start crashing when I try to print. NO differences is it print to PDF or just to the real printer.For exampleEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 21H2Installed on ‎5/‎10/‎2021OS build 19044.1806Serial number...
  4. Update KB5014666 crashing a programs when I try to print anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my browsers crash when I try to print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my browsers crash when I try to print: why are my browsers crashing when I try to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-browsers-crash-when-i-try-to-print/42b893c3-f0f5-4b39-b7e8-ec51e6852a8e
  6. App crashes when trying to print

App crashes when trying to print: Whenever I try to select "Print" from a menu the print window display for a second then crashes the app. I am using a HP 477DW. I started to occur from the last Windows Update (yesterday)....
  7. floreant app crashes when i try to print

floreant app crashes when i try to print: i have a free open source floreant pos system for a small restaurant. we connected it to two impact printers and one thermal printer. it worked fine, but now the printers dont want to connect to the utility drivers so a tech reconnected them a different way. now the floreant...
  8. When I try to install chrome, it crashes windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I try to install chrome, it crashes windows.: I am running Windows 10 1803 build 17134.345. When I try to install the Chrome browser, it crashes Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-install-chrome-it-crashes-windows/bcfb3d74-bad4-48b5-a161-2f2b81b0f4a0
  9. Since latest Windows 10 update of 09/13/2018 Chrome crashes when I try to download an...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since latest Windows 10 update of 09/13/2018 Chrome crashes when I try to download an...: Everything is in the subject line. I don't think the problem lies with Chrome. It occurred after the Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/since-latest-windows-10-update-of-09132018-chrome/20a96c0a-a7bc-48df-a032-e75effcee551
  10. Photos app crashes when trying to print

Photos app crashes when trying to print: Same issue - Windows 10 1709 X86 / X64 ( 300 + machines domain joined ) Some machines work some do not. error logs on a machine that does not work. App crashes when trying to print. Tried all above recommendations with no luck what so ever. Event ( Application Log )...