Windows 10: Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop

Discus and support Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Heyo! So I'm part of the fast ring for windows insider and after downloading the latest update that I think was sent to my system on Saturday or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sckppt, Jun 11, 2019.

1. sckppt Win User

Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop

Heyo!

So I'm part of the fast ring for windows insider and after downloading the latest update that I think was sent to my system on Saturday or Sunday I restarted the system last night to do the update.

However, it started doing its usual thing and did it's first restart. I was greeted with an off screen, no signal at all being sent to it. That's when the boot looping started. I left it to do its thing for a while and eventually it got to the point where I couldn't handle it. It wasn't shutting down properly, it would shut off in the same fashion that a power loss would.

I did a clean start with no HD's plugged in and got to the bios where it asked for a boot drive. Plugged in all my storage drives and it actually sees all of them. Then I went to plug in the SSD with Win10 on it and it goes back to not even booting into the bios, no video signal. I tested the SSD this morning at work and it's still perfectly fine, the drive reads, writes and everything else looks good.

I can't even roll it back to a previous version since, yet again, no boot screens. Tried different SATA ports as well, tried unseating the RAM, tried booting with just the SSD in it. Nothing seems to be working.

Normally I would figure this out on my own and post the problem and solution but I had to come into work to explain the problem.

At this point I am pretty sure that my PC has been bricked by the latest Win10 update.

Help, please.

:)

sckppt, Jun 11, 2019

2. Cortana dead, Internet Explorer dead, START button dead after latest MS update

Hi Meryl,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which anti-virus program are you using?

• Which Windows update KB number is conflicting to the issue?
    • What exactly happen when you try to open Internet explorer?
    To check the latest Windows update KB number, type update on the Windows search bar and select View installed updates.

Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps on how to temporarily prevent a Windows update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

For the issue with Internet explorer try the below method.

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue. This is often caused by a corrupted file in the browser. Please clear your browser's cookies by following the instructions
    on the link below:

• Open Internet Explorer and press Alt + X.

• Click on Internet option.

• Check on Delete browsing history on exit
      and click Delete.
    Step 2.

If the issue still persist, I recommend you to reset internet explorer. Follow the below steps

• Open Internet Explorer and press Alt + X.

• Click on Internet option.

• Click on Advanced tab and click on
      Reset
      button.
    Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.

Disclaimer:
    The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Method 3.

For the issue with Cortana, go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 latest update

Hi Carole,

In most cases, this issue is caused by corrupted system files.

For better assistance, please clarify the following:

• Did you mean that the issue started after the latest Windows 10 update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your reply so we can find the best solution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop

Latest Update causing Crossfire issues:

Hi Xiltyn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the below link, select appropriate graphic model number and
    download the latest graphics driver. If the graphics driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop

1. Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop - Similar Threads - Latest update causes

2. Latest Update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  3. MICROSOFT SURFACE GO BOOTLOOP FIX?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MICROSOFT SURFACE GO BOOTLOOP FIX?: Hi, so my Microsoft Surface go was boot-looping after the power went out during an update. This has happened over a month now, and still can't find any answers to it. My Surface Go does not even show up the circle loading all it shows is a microsoft logo. im on win 10. It...
  4. Page file causing a bootloop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Page file causing a bootloop?: I've been trying to make sense of why my machine started acting up and getting constant BSODs after shutting down or restarting from desktop. The error in question is "PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA." Checked online, and the only thing that seems to work consistently is...
  5. Latest update cause error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  6. win10 dead end, on latest update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 dead end, on latest update ?: Hi All. Trying to install the latest update. Ok going through the pages, I get the following.. Select or connect an external storage drive with at least 10 Gb free: Next page says .. External storage device ( D : ) 26.2 Gb Free... Also, at the bottom of the same page it...
  7. Windows 10 latest update caused system to become deactivated. Message says go to settings...

Windows 10 latest update caused system to become deactivated. Message says go to settings...: When the update was completed, the message now says Windows is not activated. We have a copy of WIndows 10 Pro that started out on this system as Windows 8.1 Pro back in 2014 approx. At some point in time, it received an update to WIndows 10 pro and has worked fine for the...
  8. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...
  9. Latest update causes dual log in

Latest update causes dual log in: I got an automatic update yesterday (Sunday). When I restarted it came up with two Avatars of my login. When I tried to log on, one of the two had no log in info and the other had my password blank. I had it setup to automatically log in but that is also gone. I didn't try to...
  10. Mouse seemed to go dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse seemed to go dead: Windows 10 Home I got on my computer this morning and my mouse wouldn't do a thing. I use one of those small, wireless Logitech mice. I change battery, wiped it off with alcohol and changed battery again. I forced a shutdown, unplugged my computer and then hit the start...