Windows 10: Latest Update crashing

Discus and support Latest Update crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since July 4th,I have had nothing but problems with my laptop. I assume it is due to yet another unrequested update.I have to post this asap,I realize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MindiLouWho, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Latest Update crashing

Since July 4th,I have had nothing but problems with my laptop. I assume it is due to yet another unrequested update.I have to post this asap,I realize without as much info because my pc is going to crash..again. It is win 10,only 14 mos old, been checked and said it is NOT my pc. So what do I do?

Edited to add pc details--

HP Envy Intel i7500 cpu @2.50 ghz

64 bit

Win 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.112

:)

MindiLouWho, Jul 6, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Latest Update crashing

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Latest Update crashing

1. Latest Update crashing - Similar Threads - Latest Update crashing

2. Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update: Hi,on a brand new Windows 11 Pro install, after all applications are installed, latest Windows Update unfortunately still NOT on 22H2 ... waiting for do not know what, anytime I open Microsoft Photo it simply crashes and gets this error in event log.Please anyone can help?I...
  3. Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo crashes after latest update: Hi,on a brand new Windows 11 Pro install, after all applications are installed, latest Windows Update unfortunately still NOT on 22H2 ... waiting for do not know what, anytime I open Microsoft Photo it simply crashes and gets this error in event log.Please anyone can help?I...
  4. Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with searchapp crashing since latest update.: Hello. Since the latest update (for me was on 11/18/20) I’m getting this error for trying use windows search (the magnifying glass opens then closes and you can’t type anything to search) Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp:...
  5. Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Latest Windows Update crashed toshiba Laptop: I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. About 4 weeks ago Windows did an update. Now Windows will not boot the PC. I have tried all the recovery methods and downloaded the Win10 repair from MS. No luck. Is there a solution to this?...
  6. Crashes after latest Windows update?

in Browsers and Email
    Crashes after latest Windows update?: Hello, I have the problem that after the update I have some violent jerks during gambling and even freezes and bluescreens. Can anyone help me? The following appears in Event Display: Critical Kernel Power 41 Abstürze nach neuestem Windows update?
  7. Windows crashed after updating the latest update/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows crashed after updating the latest update/: hi im now writing this from UBUNTU running from usb drive without installing. After last night i installed latest update my pc didnt start. i tried every microosft community answers i faced online. sfc scannow and other things . NO solution / It only saves a text folder...
  8. programs crashing after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs crashing after latest windows update: I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of the programs say not responding, or they all just turn off and disappear. When I run troubleshooting, I go to windows store...
  9. Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Irregular crashes since latest Windows 10 update: Help, I actually repair and update other people's PCs and Laptops for a living, but this is doing my head in ! Ever since the latest Windows update, 1803 I believe, I am having multiple problems with this PC. It crashes as a usual BSOD, completely unexpectedly and randomly,...
  10. Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.: Hi, This morning I realised Win 10 updated itself overnight. In doing so it has caused serious problems with my old trustworthy Office XP. I can't open any files or enter any data as all files crash. I have uninstalled and re-installed (with restarts) twice but it doesn't fix...