Windows 10: Latest update deleted files & photos?!

Discus and support Latest update deleted files & photos?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Laptop recently installed an update overnight & after it had restarted I have noticed a lot of my files, in particular photos are missing. Why has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by catharine3o, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Latest update deleted files & photos?!

My Laptop recently installed an update overnight & after it had restarted I have noticed a lot of my files, in particular photos are missing. Why has this happened and is there a way I can get them back?

:)

catharine3o, Oct 18, 2020

2. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 18, 2020
  3. how to restore photos in picasa deleted by mistake

Hello Jim,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you delete the photos from the PC?

• Did you check if the photos are present in File Explorer?

If any files, folders, documents are deleted accidently from the PC,
    Recycle bin
    holds them if the size of the deleted items are containable. Check if the photos folder is present in
    Recycle bin.

Step 1: Check if the files and folders are present in your PC using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type the file or folder name in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file or folder path of the program and check if it is the file you are looking for.

Step 2: If you are unable to view the pictures using Picasa application, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open Windows File Explorer by pressing
      Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.

• Open the file or folder where pictures are located.

• Right click on a picture and hover your mouse over to
      Open with option.

• Select Picasa from the option and check if you are able the view the pictures in
      Picasa photo viewer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the application manufacturer for further assistance.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Latest update deleted files & photos?!

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Latest update deleted files & photos?!

1. Latest update deleted files & photos?! - Similar Threads - Latest update deleted

2. Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.: I was cleaning out my storage and found out that there is 30gb of random photos and videos. I don't need that stuff on my computer but I like keeping it would deleting the folder remove them on the other Icloud devices or would it not effect them....
  3. Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.: I was cleaning out my storage and found out that there is 30gb of random photos and videos. I don't need that stuff on my computer but I like keeping it would deleting the folder remove them on the other Icloud devices or would it not effect them....
  4. Latest Update To Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Update To Photos: My PC recently updated to the new version of Windows. The Photos app has done away with the "Spot Fix" feature in editing. This is one of the most important, basic features in editing. Why would Microsoft get rid of this feature? I can no longer edit spots out of my photos...
  5. Latest Update To Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Update To Photos: My PC recently updated to the new version of Windows. The Photos app has done away with the "Spot Fix" feature in editing. This is one of the most important, basic features in editing. Why would Microsoft get rid of this feature? I can no longer edit spots out of my photos...
  6. Latest windows update deleted everything except program files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest windows update deleted everything except program files: I am absolutely livid! I wasm't even aware it was trying to push an update through, but given that the usual symptoms started to crop up (every time Windows wants to force an update on my old-ass laptop, things stop working - sound, programs, etc. This time the wifi would not...
  7. Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 Update deleted files and corrupted computer: Immediately after installing latest Windows 10 update, my computer would power on and the mouse would work until it was fully rebooted and then the mouse would become unresponsive. Control alt delete would not work. I would have to shut computer off using power button....
  8. Windows latest update deleted my files on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows latest update deleted my files on the desktop: I had videos and photos on the desktop for a long time and they disappeared after the update in May. I remember some error message popping up that I was too much in a hurry to fully pay attention to . I believe it was something about signing into my microsoft account even...
  9. Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos

Latest Windows 10 Update Deleted All my Photos and Videos: My Panic level is at a 100 out of 10! ALL my work photos and videos (YT channel) were deleted by the latest Windows 10 automated update. I've tried all recommended "recovery" advice from similar posts and haven't been able to find any of them? My life's work has been deleted...
  10. Latest updates deleting all my files

Latest updates deleting all my files: On 8/282019 my computer did an update and all my files were lost. All my videos, pictures etc. All my programs are still installed but lost all my files. I called Microsoft Support because I pay a monthly fee for support and the said my files were gone and basically my comp...