Windows 10: Latest update disables some items

Discus and support Latest update disables some items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed the update for v1809 on February 11, and since then two problems have arisen from it, disabling personal settings. Both problemsalways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dschulze747, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Latest update disables some items

I installed the update for v1809 on February 11, and since then two problems have arisen from it, disabling personal settings. Both problemsalways occur; they are not intermittent. And, they occur either later in the day after I set them, or even after just a few minutes.

1 Screen saver. I choose a screen saver the use. But some time after, the screen saver deactivates itself. In the Screen saver field, it goes back to "None", no matter which one I had it set to before.

2 Lock screen. In Personalization, I want the Lock screen to a show a slideshow of pictures installed on my hard drive instead of always the same picture. So I set the Background to "Slideshow". Some time later, that setting has reverted to "Picture".

I had no problem with either of these before the update. I have a system restore point that I can roll back to in order to go back to the previous update, but I haven't tried it yet. If I go back, how can I keep it there and prevent the February 11th update from installing?

:)

dschulze747, Feb 14, 2020

2. Upgrading to creators update stops at 30% and reverts

Steps to take:

1. In device manager disable nVidia display adapter if you have also Intel graphics there
    2. Do a FULL disk Cleanup on C drive
    3. In Task Manager disable ALL Startup items
    4. In C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads delete ALL Files and folders
    5. In System Configuration disable ALL NON MS services
    6. Reboot
    7. In Windows defender manually update virus definitions
    8. In Windows defender and all other AV apps, disable ALL AV capabilities
    9. Try to Update again
    10. If update succeeded, then enable AV, startup items, NVidia display adapter(should be online already) and non Windows Services you disabled.

If you need screenshots or help with any of the steps and where to find the right tool for the right job, then drop us a line. Latest update disables some items :)

slicendice, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Blank Screen after Latest Windows 10 Update-- Cannot Switch Between users.

As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R and type "msconfig".
    • Select Selective startup and Load system services.
    • Unselect Load system startup items.

Let us know if the steps provided resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Latest update disables some items

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Latest update disables some items

1. Latest update disables some items - Similar Threads - Latest update disables

2. Startup items disabling on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup items disabling on restart: So, I've had this issue for a few weeks now where whenever I restart my PC, my startup items would revert to default or disable themselves. That means some programs that I want to start themselves have to be manually started and this is just very inconvenient. I've run SFC...
  3. Startup items disabling on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup items disabling on restart: So, I've had this issue for a few weeks now where whenever I restart my PC, my startup items would revert to default or disable themselves. That means some programs that I want to start themselves have to be manually started and this is just very inconvenient. I've run SFC...
  4. Startup items disabling on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Latest update broke scaling for some apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update broke scaling for some apps: The 20h2 (EDIT: KB5000808) update broke the scaling for Ableton Live for my HP laptop. No matter what combination of settings I tried (.exe properties, display scaling, etc.) windows was unable to properly scale the app to my 4k display. Another minor annoyance was My...
  6. disabled startup items, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disabled startup items, help?: Well I think I screwed up big time now. For some dumb reason I decided to disable all of the startup items in msconfig thinking maybe that would magically speed things up. Then I restarted my computer and I appear to be screwed. I can't login with my pin or password, I can't...
  7. The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar: After doing the November 2020 update, I cannot right or left click on the volume control on the taskbar to change the volume. I use this constantly so this is a bummer. I have to go to settings to change the volume currently which is quite inconvenient. Anyone having the...
  8. The latest update disabled my usb drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The latest update disabled my usb drives.: Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall ...re-start. Glad that I was able to...
  9. Some questions about latest Updates in Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some questions about latest Updates in Microsoft Update Catalog: Hello, I wanted to download and install the latest updates for my formatted PC having Windows 1809 since I can't connect it to the internet for now. When searching for updates on the same PC right after the format when it had internet, I found the following necessary updates...
  10. some items not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    some items not visible: I have had Windows10 for months now and some of my web sites I can't see everything. An example is Pinterest. I get a msg someone is following the same ideas I am, I go to the page and see no pictures only words underneath. Please advise what am I missing in my Windows10...