Windows 10: Latest update disables some items

Discus and support Latest update disables some items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed the update for v1809 on February 11, and since then two problems have arisen from it, disabling personal settings. Both problemsalways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dschulze747, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Latest update disables some items

I installed the update for v1809 on February 11, and since then two problems have arisen from it, disabling personal settings. Both problemsalways occur; they are not intermittent. And, they occur either later in the day after I set them, or even after just a few minutes.

1 Screen saver. I choose a screen saver the use. But some time after, the screen saver deactivates itself. In the Screen saver field, it goes back to "None", no matter which one I had it set to before.

2 Lock screen. In Personalization, I want the Lock screen to a show a slideshow of pictures installed on my hard drive instead of always the same picture. So I set the Background to "Slideshow". Some time later, that setting has reverted to "Picture".

I had no problem with either of these before the update. I have a system restore point that I can roll back to in order to go back to the previous update, but I haven't tried it yet. If I go back, how can I keep it there and prevent the February 11th update from installing?

:)

dschulze747, Feb 14, 2020

2. Upgrading to creators update stops at 30% and reverts

Steps to take:

1. In device manager disable nVidia display adapter if you have also Intel graphics there
    2. Do a FULL disk Cleanup on C drive
    3. In Task Manager disable ALL Startup items
    4. In C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads delete ALL Files and folders
    5. In System Configuration disable ALL NON MS services
    6. Reboot
    7. In Windows defender manually update virus definitions
    8. In Windows defender and all other AV apps, disable ALL AV capabilities
    9. Try to Update again
    10. If update succeeded, then enable AV, startup items, NVidia display adapter(should be online already) and non Windows Services you disabled.

If you need screenshots or help with any of the steps and where to find the right tool for the right job, then drop us a line. Latest update disables some items :)

slicendice, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Blank Screen after Latest Windows 10 Update-- Cannot Switch Between users.

As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R and type "msconfig".
    • Select Selective startup and Load system services.
    • Unselect Load system startup items.

Let us know if the steps provided resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Latest update disables some items

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Latest update disables some items

1. Latest update disables some items - Similar Threads - Latest update disables

2. Disable unwanted warning when deleting items

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable unwanted warning when deleting items: In the Windows 10 Recycle Bin properties, both options to warn against mistaken deletion, have been unticked. Yet despite this, every time I drag/drop a file/folder on the desktop to the recycle bin … an unwanted warning comes up saying this item may be a danger to the OS....
  3. Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Recent/Frequent Items for Apps: How do I disable these frequent/recent items showing up for apps? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-recentfrequent-items-for-apps/08e69428-de68-4d73-b0eb-525e2563285e
  4. Some questions about latest Updates in Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some questions about latest Updates in Microsoft Update Catalog: Hello, I wanted to download and install the latest updates for my formatted PC having Windows 1809 since I can't connect it to the internet for now. When searching for updates on the same PC right after the format when it had internet, I found the following necessary updates...
  5. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...
  6. IE11 failing on some websites after latest w10 update

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 failing on some websites after latest w10 update: Hi there This only seems a problem with IE11 - happened after latest update can somebody please test this link with IE11 to see if it's W10 that's a problem or the particular site or something on my machine From the BBC - Main / Home page works fine but then links...
  7. Corrupted text on some menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted text on some menu items: Hi, I have a laptop, HP Pavillion 15, Windows 10 64 Home version 1607, build 14393.82. I have recently noticed that whilst browsing my PC and using programs, some menu text is becoming obscured by coloured or black boxes, which clears after a reboot, but can reappear...
  8. Some Menu Items are now Polish language

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Menu Items are now Polish language: I'm at my wife's HP Envy laptop. Windows 10 is fully updated. I am very confused because several of the Start Menu items are now in Polish language, and if you open the apps, operate in that language too. (I think it's Polish.) Everything else seems to remain in English....
  9. Help identifying items disabled in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Help identifying items disabled in safe mode: Windows 10 Anniversary with all updates HP dv6 laptop i5 12 Gig RAM I have one third party application that will cause the task bar to freeze for up to 2 minutes when the app is closed. I contacted the vendor who advised me no one else has reported this problem, so I am...
  10. some items not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    some items not visible: I have had Windows10 for months now and some of my web sites I can't see everything. An example is Pinterest. I get a msg someone is following the same ideas I am, I go to the page and see no pictures only words underneath. Please advise what am I missing in my Windows10...