Windows 10: Latest update doesn't recognize USB port for repair/restore drive

Discus and support Latest update doesn't recognize USB port for repair/restore drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both our new laptops will not create a repair/restore drive via a USB port - Windows either tells us we're missing a cd/dvd drive (which neither has,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JDD_44, Aug 13, 2019.

1. JDD_44 Win User

Latest update doesn't recognize USB port for repair/restore drive

Both our new laptops will not create a repair/restore drive via a USB port - Windows either tells us we're missing a cd/dvd drive (which neither has, but it was recognized on mine prior to the latest update) or going through setup it just continues to search with no results.Lates

:)

JDD_44, Aug 13, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Latest update doesn't recognize USB port for repair/restore drive [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Latest update doesn't recognize USB port for repair/restore drive

Not recognizing the USB port when connecting to computer

hi.. I recently updated my phone to 8.1 through preview for developers but now when I connect to computer through USB Port it doesn;t show anything I mean data cable is not able to recognize it...please help me to solve this problem.I will be highly thankful.

PrateekVarshney, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Latest update doesn't recognize USB port for repair/restore drive

1. Latest update doesn't recognize USB port for repair/restore drive - Similar Threads - Latest update doesn't

2. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  3. USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PORT NOT RECOGNIZED: Can any help to solve this problem related to USB port. Previously the USB cable that I connected to my laptop with my phone it was working fine . But now it is not detecting that USB, it shows yellow colour reclamation in device manager with message unknown USB detection...
  4. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  5. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  6. USB port only recognizes external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port only recognizes external hard drive.: One of my usb ports only recognizes 1 external hard drive. The hard drive is powered by the usb port and works in every other port. The usb port fails to recognize any other device I plug in The last USB device you connect malfunctioned. The port does however still charge...
  7. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  8. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  9. Windows doesn't recognize USB Drive

Windows doesn't recognize USB Drive: I can't access my USB Drive on Windows 10 Education. When I want to delete data/file from USB Drive then they display on the screen "Access Denied" written over there and also same problem occurs for the data/file copy/paste. Even while formatting the USB Drive then they...
  10. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10. From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect my usb fflash drive. If I plug in my phone it is just charging the phone from usb but there is no detection of any kind. I...