Windows 10: Latest update for Win 10 Pro, ver. 20H2, won't play nice with my system

Discus and support Latest update for Win 10 Pro, ver. 20H2, won't play nice with my system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last April, I performed a Fresh Start with an installation of ver 1909, which has been working great. I've installed all of the updates to that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobinSwanson, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Latest update for Win 10 Pro, ver. 20H2, won't play nice with my system

Last April, I performed a Fresh Start with an installation of ver 1909, which has been working great. I've installed all of the updates to that version, no problems. Then last fall, there was a version update, I think it was ver. 2020, not sure. It installed just fine, although it took a relatively long time to finish; everything looked good at the end of the day, then next morning I couldn't get it to respond to mouse or keyboard normally, and when I was able to check Task Manager, all of the memory was eaten up 14.9 GB usable on a Core i5-2500K Intel. I restored 1909, no problems, then I tried this latest version 20H2 a month or 2 ago. It seemed to be happy, but then after a couple of days, I could tell there were problems and I restored 1909. Of course, I'm getting a warning that I will stop receiving important quality updates soon unless I upgrade. I'm willing to attempt another upgrade with all of the latest patches installed, but I hate to have to bounce back to something that won't be supported.

Here's my question: should I try to just do the upgrade and report back with the results, or would I be better off doing another Fresh Start? I assume the FS installs the latest version, right? I'm not ready to build a new desktop quite yet, it's just used for basic tasks and suits my needs. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

:)

RobinSwanson, Mar 16, 2021
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Latest update for Win 10 Pro, ver. 20H2, won't play nice with my system [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User

4. tamo Win User

Latest update for Win 10 Pro, ver. 20H2, won't play nice with my system

Yes I am using a genuine apple cable and tried your method but still having issues . The device connects and all looks fine for a few minutes then it drops connection then reconnects and repeats this behaviour so I've gave up .see attached images.

Thanks for your help , I think I'm going to get a Samsung .

Thema:

Latest update for Win 10 Pro, ver. 20H2, won't play nice with my system

1. Latest update for Win 10 Pro, ver. 20H2, won't play nice with my system - Similar Threads - Latest update Pro

2. latest ver win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    latest ver win 10: if i download window 10 today , will all the updates be included in that version ? or i ll ve to download again by running updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-ver-win-10/54c515cf-4f27-4b95-b840-56c411df63e1
  3. latest ver win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    latest ver win 10: if i download window 10 today , will all the updates be included in that version ? or i ll ve to download again by running updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-ver-win-10/54c515cf-4f27-4b95-b840-56c411df63e1
  4. latest ver win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 update 20H2: won't install

Win 10 update 20H2: won't install: During install the update gets to around 91% complete then gives up. I would wait for it to keep trying but the laptop just sits there idle. I have run the update troubleshooter, it returned this: https://i.imgur.com/KH2TZkm.png I also tried stopping windows update in...
  6. My laptop won't install the latest update 20H2.

My laptop won't install the latest update 20H2.: My laptop won't install the latest updates no matter what I do. Here's what I've tried so far: I've went to settings, windows update, and clicked check for updates but it tells me that I'm up to date I'm not. At first I saw the 20H2 update available to me, but after a...
  7. The Tablet feature in win 10 ver 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Tablet feature in win 10 ver 20H2: Hi everyone, Please help that i can't find the Tablet mode in action center any more. What happened??[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-tablet-feature-in-win-10-ver-20h2/24234d47-db48-4893-ba33-2fc786ba73cb
  8. Dual boot Win10 and Win 7. Win 10 Hijacks win 7, and won't play nice.

Dual boot Win10 and Win 7. Win 10 Hijacks win 7, and won't play nice.: Hi and good morning. I am a noob with Win 10, and am doing what I can to figure it out. So here's the skinny. Win 7 is the default on Drive C. Win 10 is on Drive D. When I boot into win10, it automatically renames the D drive to C and makes itself the default. So after a few...
  9. Dual boot Win10 and Win 7. Win 10 Hijacks win 7, and won't play nice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual boot Win10 and Win 7. Win 10 Hijacks win 7, and won't play nice.: Hi and good morning. I am a noob with Win 10, and am doing what I can to figure it out. So here's the skinny. Win 7 is the default on Drive C. Win 10 is on Drive D. When I boot into win10, it automatically renames the D drive to C and makes itself the default. So after a few...
  10. Latest SW ver but Win 10 won't allow it to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest SW ver but Win 10 won't allow it to install: I have a new HP Envy 17t with Windows 10 64 bit. I have been installing various bits of software that I need to have. However, with some applications I get a strange error pop up, first a window telling me that the application is from an unknown source then, when I click OK,...