Windows 10: Latest update freezes my laptop

Discus and support Latest update freezes my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeeBiggs1, Aug 25, 2019.

1. DeeBiggs1 Win User

Latest update freezes my laptop

Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous version of Windows. This has solved the problem, but now I have to keep my laptop in sleep mode because the option to shutdown only has gone and I can only update & shutdown. Extremely frustrating when I study and work online. For the moment I will stay with the previous version of Windows until I can be assured that I can safely update without the screen freezing.

Question: does Microsoft have a 24hr chat/support option to actually speak with an employee or is this community board the only support they provide? For a company that makes significant profit from its customers I find the technical support deplorable. Are there any other operating system alternatives, aside from Mac?

:)

DeeBiggs1, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows 10 keep freezing after Creator's update

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest updating your computer to the latest build of Version 1607. There have been 3 updates meant to improve your system's performance since build version 14393.1198. To install the latest updates, follow
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Settings and press Enter.
    • Click Update & Security.
    • Click Check for updates.
    • Click Install.
    Let us know if your computer stops freezing after installing the latest updates.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Laptop freezing after update

Hi,

One possible reason why your laptop freezes after update is due to corrupted files. To isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions. You may also perform the instructions in this

article
    to restore corrupted files.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Latest update freezes my laptop - Similar Threads - Latest update freezes

2. Latest 1909 updates are causing my laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest 1909 updates are causing my laptop to freeze: I'm having to restart a couple of times a day. submitted by /u/k3v1n [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h90ok5/latest_1909_updates_are_causing_my_laptop_to/
  3. update freezing my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update freezing my laptop: Having trouble with laptop HP ProBook new as of nov. 2019 and now freezing and requiring power off shut down since mid February. I keep getting the HP sure start recovery "unauthorized change to secure boot keys' message then followed by "unable to complete the updates so...
  4. Latest Windows Update freezes my computer

Latest Windows Update freezes my computer: The latest Windows update causes my computer to freeze frequently. I have to shut it off and turn it back on, which is very time-consuming and frustrating. I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home, and the version number is 10.0.17763 Build 17763. The update was installed in the last...
  5. Latest update freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update freezes my laptop: Once again, the latest update has caused an issue with my laptop. Since the update, every time my laptop goes into its power saving mode, on awakening the wireless network adapter has to be reset. Or it freezes, in black screen, and must be forced to power down. Why, oh...
  6. Latest update broke my laptop

Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  7. Laptop Freezes after latest Microsoft 10 Update

Laptop Freezes after latest Microsoft 10 Update: My laptop updated the micrsoft automatically yesterday but it freezed when I turned on my laptop. I tried to shut it down forcefully by the power button and turned it on again for three times but it still freezed after about 5 minutes after start up, I can't do anything...
  8. Latest update on my laptop..terrible

Latest update on my laptop..terrible: Help Latest update May 2019 on my laptop changed all my settings and wont let me put them back. Every reboot I have to start over. Files folders like pictures are empty. Had to find them with a *.jpg search. How do I reset this so it sticks. This is like having...
  9. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...
  10. Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....: Hi all Yesterday I downloaded the latest update for The Creators Edition but it failed twice with an error code 802....... Now when I go to settings to try again, my system hangs when I click on update and security. None of the options to reset or restore will work either....