Windows 10: Latest Update from september 2019 - deleted all my sticky notes

Discus and support Latest Update from september 2019 - deleted all my sticky notes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So after the latest windows update ... All of my sticky notes were deleted. I'm quite disapointed :( .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HaiduBogdan, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Latest Update from september 2019 - deleted all my sticky notes

So after the latest windows update ... All of my sticky notes were deleted. I'm quite disapointed Latest Update from september 2019 - deleted all my sticky notes :( .

:)

HaiduBogdan, Sep 30, 2019

2. Can't delete unused Sticky Notes neither change their colors

Hi Yhendra,

Thank you for using Windows10.

I understand your concern and would suggest that you try deleting the sticky note from the source location of the sticky notes from the specific user account.

The AppData folder in the below step is a hidden folder, try the below step to unhide it and later try the steps mentioned.

Steps to unhide:

• Open File Explorer by right click on Start Icon
      and select File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check Hidden items.

Try the below step to delete the sticky note:

a) Open File Explorer.

b) Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

c) In the Stick notes
    folder you will find a file called StickyNotes.snt

d) You will need the file named StickyNotes.snt

Note: If you delete StickyNotes.snt
    file this will delete all the sticky notes present on the computer event the new ones.

Make sure that you backup any newly created sticky notes.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Win 10 v1709 update and missing Sticky Notes

Hi,

There is a possibility that the Sticky Notes were unexpectedly deleted on your desktop due to some errors while the update is being installed. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need to know which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently
    installed on your PC.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest recovering the lost Sticky Notes by following these steps:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt in the address bar and then hit the Enter key.
    • Look for StickyNotes.snt file and then open it with Notepad or Microsoft Word.
    • Look for the missing notes in .snt file, copy and paste it into a new Sticky Notes.

To avoid issues with missing Sticky Notes, it will be best to back them up. You can follow the steps provided by
    Jennifer Bri in this thread. It serves as a guide on how to back up and restore
    Sticky notes in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Latest Update from september 2019 - deleted all my sticky notes

Sticky Note Update

Hi Joey,

To disable Insights on Sticky Notes, please follow these steps:

• Open Sticky Notes.
    • Click on the Menu (3-dots) button.
    • Click on the Settings button.
    • Turn off Enable insights.

Let us know how it goes.

Meliton Dec, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Latest Update from september 2019 - deleted all my sticky notes

1. Latest Update from september 2019 - deleted all my sticky notes - Similar Threads - Latest Update september

2. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  3. Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Deleted Sticky Notes: After accidentally deleting a sticky note, is there a way to restore the note? Also, is there any way to disable the shortcut of Ctrl+D to prevent accidental deletion? I'm using Sticky Notes 4.5.6.0 on Windows 10. Thank you....
  4. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  5. Sticky Notes Note Updating

Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  6. All sticky notes are GONE after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All sticky notes are GONE after update: I found my sticky notes closed this morning. And when I opened the app, the note list was EMPTY!!! Since I always keep my account logged in, I assume the notes are synced and somehow backed up. Then I found notes on my other laptop were also GONE... : WOW How could you...
  7. Sticky Notes after Update Nov 2019

Sticky Notes after Update Nov 2019: today (Nov 6, 2019) i had an update on windows 10 . before that, I had just one tab on my taskbar for ALL sticky notes i used on screen (5 or 6 depends on work). after update i have one tab for every single note i have on my screen. is this normal or i have a bug ?...
  8. After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone.

After the latest update from Windows 10 all of my Sticky Notes are gone.: I'm really NOT impressed. The latest forced Windows 10 update seems to have deleted ALL of my sticky notes except for one unimportant one. Is there a way to get them back please? Or are they just gone forever. I had a lot of very important notes on there... what on earth is...
  9. Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto-Deleted Sticky Notes: Hi, my sticky notes are being deleted one by one by the system ever since I updated to the latest Windows version. And yes, it wasn't a mistake. I didn't accidentally close/delete the sticky notes by myself. It just randomly disappear by its own every time I turn on the...
  10. Sticky notes after May 2019 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky notes after May 2019 update: After upgrade it's this problem. Each note now has a taskbar button, which means that if you have multiple notes open, each one will have a taskbar button. Previously, there was only the taskbar button to launch Notes, keeping things tidy....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrading to windows 10 september 2019 removed my sticky notes