Windows 10: Latest update has bricked the OS

Discus and support Latest update has bricked the OS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been asked fix an issue for a friend but have found that the last Windows 10 update (KB4577032 and KB4576482) has invalidated all drivers, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sephulchrave, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Latest update has bricked the OS

I’ve been asked fix an issue for a friend but have found that the last Windows 10 update (KB4577032 and KB4576482) has invalidated all drivers, and corrupted the OS in such a way that I’m unable to rest or recovery it.

I’ve tried: - Repair and then uninstalling the offending update (failed) - System restore (failure) - Troubleshooting the network drivers to gain internet access (failed) - Repairing the Network adapter drivers (failed) - Removing the network adapter drivers and allowing system to auto detect them (failed) - Admin CMD ping of network (failed) - Admin CMD sfc/scannow - corrupted files detected and cannot reset or restart (failure)

Is there any other way to fix this beyond wiping all drives and clean-installing the OS?

Edit: update KB numbers; sorry, new here!

submitted by /u/sephulchrave
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sephulchrave, Sep 29, 2020
  2. HakanM Win User

Update Bricked My Phone

Not bricked but update failed:

1) Phone model and operator/country: LG E900/Optimus 7, not operatorlocked

2) Step where update fails: passes the blick 1-10, then reboots, after reboot fails in or after step 1/2

3) error code(s): 8000040005

4) does the computer/zune recognize the phone? Yes

5) host machine OS and version (32/64 bit): Windows Professional 32bit

HakanM, Sep 29, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Apple Mac OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Good news, Mac users, as it looks like Apple is kicking 10.5.7 update of Mac OS X Leopard. Apple recommends this update to all users running Mac OS X Leopard. This upgrade includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. For detailed information on the update, please visit this website here. You can obtain the update from either the Software Update option found in your Apple menu, or from the links below:
    General
    • Includes latest security fixes.
    • Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
    • Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
    • Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
    • Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets.
    • Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
    • Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
    • Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
    • Improves network performance when connected to certain Ethernet switches that have Flow Control enabled.
    • Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
    • Improves Finder search results for network volumes that may not support Spotlight searching, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule, and third-party AFP servers.
    • Includes several improvements to Directory Service and Client Management, which are described in the About Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 Update article.
    iCal
    • Improves overall reliability with CalDav.
    • Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe.
    Mail
    • Addresses reliability and sync issues with Notes.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
    Parental Controls
    • Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
    • Addresses an issue in which time limits may not work properly with full-screen games and Fast User Switching.
    Printing
    • Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray.
    • Non-admin user accounts can now be allowed to add and remove printers by enabling Parental Controls and selecting "Can administer printers".
    • Includes other printing reliability and stability improvements.
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Latest update has bricked the OS

gpu bios update failed, gpu bricked

I would suggest a cheap pci card and ensure you use the correct path where the bricked card is so you dont accidentally flash the pci card

eidairaman1, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Latest update has bricked the OS

1. Latest update has bricked the OS - Similar Threads - Latest update has

2. Latest Windows update bricked my computer. What now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows update bricked my computer. What now?: My computer has been working PERFECTLY... just until the last Windows update. Immediately after the update the computer rebooted into Windows Recovery. I tried Uninstall Updates, but it would not allow me to proceed. Eventually I used System Restore, but after half of a day...
  3. Latest windows optional update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows optional update bricked my pc: Good day all. So the latest update as of July 30th 2021Has reduced my pc to getting stuck at the loading logo. I have tried rebooting into safe mode but the pc freezes once again on the Asus logo. I tried uninstalling latest updates on automatic repair. As well as restore...
  4. Update of a Brick

Update of a Brick: Old timer here- HELP? The brick is a fanlees ACEPC with limited EMMC (slow) memory -Not enough room to update from Windows Version 1909 . I have an SSD installed . 1) Can I move ,copy, or install latest home version on the SSD & trigger machine to start from there? 2) Will...
  5. Latest update bricked my editing/gaming PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update bricked my editing/gaming PC.: I updated my computer last night and booted it up this morning and it went smoothly until I logged in. It took me 5-6 times as long to log in. Upon login nothing would open correctly, almost every app gave me an error. Even task manager stopped responding. I manually...
  6. PC has been bricked by the new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC has been bricked by the new update: Update has bricked my pc - got stuck in a boot loop, couldn't reset, couldn't roll back windows update. Startup recovery didn't work. I did a clean install and everything was working fine untill I tried installing the video drivers - got a BSOD and got stuck in the same boot...
  7. Latest update bricked my surface pro 3 and deleted the os partition

Latest update bricked my surface pro 3 and deleted the os partition: The latest update bricked my entire surface pro 3 into nothing but a bootloop when it finally did load up it told me that my partition was missing and the only options they gave me where to troubleshoot or shutdown the PC now tried everything even a system recovery USB disk...
  8. The latest Windows update has bricked my HP laptop

The latest Windows update has bricked my HP laptop: I was just installing the latest Windows updates. They failed, so I tried to run it manually. It asked to restart, which I've done. As a result, I get the ibitial losing screen, followed by a blank screen. I can hear the fan ticking away, but nothing else. I'm on a HP...
  9. Latest May Update Brick my PC

Latest May Update Brick my PC: The latest update bricked my PC...twice. I re installed everything and none repair tools worked. The computer rebooted after the update and is left hanging with the spinning circle Got everything running again, things like reinstalling one drive a complex pain All...
  10. Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.: There were two updates waiting for me today. An NVIDIA update which installed OK and the laptop ran fine afterwards, then an update for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I left it to update and reboot and then I came back to a BSOD. I restarted and I got a message 'Diagnosing PC' then a...