Windows 10: Latest update has broken GPU driver

Discus and support Latest update has broken GPU driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Update from July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165) has done something to the drivers on my GTX960 4G , so I had to reinstall them. Before I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlbertZum, Jul 12, 2018.

1. AlbertZum Win User

Latest update has broken GPU driver

Update from July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165) has done something to the drivers on my GTX960 4G , so I had to reinstall them.

Before I did that csrss.exe was taking up 2.2G of VRAM, and about 25-30% of its processor. That was really annoying, because it was as if I was playing The Witcher 3 (fans working to keep the temperature below 60 degrees), and also there were micro-freezes in other apps.

:)

AlbertZum, Jul 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 update drivers GPU

My question is why windows update does not install the latest drivers for example GPU Intel and Nvidia ...I have hybrid GPU on my laptop.

Instead it installs older version even if the latest drivers are WHQL on Intel and Nvidia download section.

GabrielGeorgescuGG, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

GPU

Hi,

This issue may happen if the GPU is taking more time to display the graphics on your monitor and if the graphics card or driver is already problematic.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to uninstall then reinstall the graphics driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + S and type devmgmt.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on your graphics driver.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest update has broken GPU driver - Similar Threads - Latest update has

2. Broken GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken GPU: So I was cleaning my Internal parts of my Computer. When I accidently hit the Graphics card when I was reconnecting my RAM, Now when I start my PC it won't boot but the fans are spinning. How do I fix this?...
  3. Broken GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken GPU: So I was cleaning my Internal parts of my Computer. When I accidently hit the Graphics card when I was reconnecting my RAM, Now when I start my PC it won't boot but the fans are spinning. How do I fix this?...
  4. Broken GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update has broken graphics tablet drivers: Hi, a recent forced windows update has broken all of the drivers for my two graphics tablets. One pen does not register movement correctly and the other does not register at all. I have reinstalled the drivers for both tablets several times to no effect and digging around for...
  6. Activation broken by latest update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation broken by latest update?: Suddenly seeing Activate Windows on a machine running fine for 10 years....tried to go to Settings to run activation troubleshooter as recommended by the bot, but Update/Activation screens will not open at all?...
  7. Latest feature update is broken

Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...
  8. Windows 10 Update has broken some drivers

Windows 10 Update has broken some drivers: I've had some strange issues with Windows 10 since buying a new laptop 15 months ago. I kinda got over one problem, but it still causes me problems today. It's something you don't expect when you spend quite a bit of money on what you believe to be a good product. You don't...
  9. Latest security update has broken my laptop

Latest security update has broken my laptop: I had a notification that a security update had to be applied to Windows 10 so I did so and my usb keyboard and mouse no longer work. The updates were KB4532693 and security update KB4538674. I uninstalled the first update which didn't change anything but was then unable to...
  10. Windows 10 latest update - mouse input broken - not drivers

Windows 10 latest update - mouse input broken - not drivers: Ok so prior to the latest windows update my PC worked perfectly Since then my mouse input has intermittently failed in the following ways:- At startup it is fine, then after a variable amount of time (minutes) the buttons stop working correctly I can open the start...