Windows 10: Latest update has caused my pc not to reboot

Discus and support Latest update has caused my pc not to reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I allowed Microsoft to update my lap top today 29.01.2021 and now it is frozen with a half circle and nothing has happened for over an hour now. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterBA1, Jan 29, 2021.

1. PeterBA1 Win User

Latest update has caused my pc not to reboot

I allowed Microsoft to update my lap top today 29.01.2021 and now it is frozen with a half circle and nothing has happened for over an hour now. It started to reboot and just stopped. The indicator light is not flashing and seems to be dead in the water so now I'm out of a lap top which is only 1 year old so who is going to buy me a new one! Can anyone tell me what had happened, please?

:)

PeterBA1, Jan 29, 2021

2. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Kb3140741 updates Causing issues working on the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which is the update which is causing your PC issues?
    • What .Net error are you getting?
    • What happens when you login to Safe mode with networking?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check how to uninstall and update.

• Press Start and type View installed updates.
    • Select the update and right click on it, Select Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Latest update has caused my pc not to reboot - Similar Threads - Latest update has

2. The latest update has caused my PC not to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The latest update has caused my PC not to restart: I allowed Microsoft to update my laptop today and now it is frozen with a semicircle and nothing has happened for over an hour. It started to reboot and just stopped. The indicator light is not blinking and it seems to be dead in the water so now I am out of a laptop that is...
  3. The latest update has caused my PC not to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The latest update has caused my PC not to restart: I allowed Microsoft to update my laptop today and now it is frozen with a semicircle and nothing has happened for over an hour. It started to reboot and just stopped. The indicator light is not blinking and it seems to be dead in the water so now I am out of a laptop that is...
  4. The latest update has caused my PC not to restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Latest Update caused BSOD

Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  6. My PC won’t reboot after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC won’t reboot after latest Windows 10 update: I did an update and restart this morning and now my PC won’t fully boot. I get Welcome and my name and then blue dots circling and then a black screen. Can do ctrl alt delete but when I click on task manager it goes back to black screen....
  7. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  8. Latest update cause error

Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  9. PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off...

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC has problem starting after latest Windows update. Reboot causes screen to flash on & off...: Latest WINDOWS update has caused serious problems to start or reboot PC. When Wallpaper appears (which has changed with update) it will not allow to click to enter password. The screen will flash on & off for many minutes before password may be entered to start PC. Numerous...
  10. Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems: Hello all, today I got a notification from Windows 10 telling me there was a special update that would take longer than a normal one, so I did it and now I have a few problems. #1 when I try to search for something in Settings it always comes up with no search results,...