Windows 10: Latest update has created new problems

Discus and support Latest update has created new problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the most recent 'update' my computer takes 5-7 minutes to even reach the sign-in page. And now my Outlook mail is not working quite right. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WendyEmlinger, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Latest update has created new problems

Since the most recent 'update' my computer takes 5-7 minutes to even reach the sign-in page. And now my Outlook mail is not working quite right. The hyperlinks just don't function at all. You can click until you're blue in the face and nothing happens. I can copy the hyperlink and paste it into the browser's URL to reach the online destination, so there's at least that. Now when I open Outlook in my browser the links in the emails work, just not the separate Outlook program that's part of my Office suite.

If you all keep "new and improving" things my computer may quit working altogether. Please, fewer 'bells and whistles' that I didn't ask for. I don't play action video games on my computer, I just read my email, open my browser to read daily cartoons and look things up. Go on Kindle and read a book. Play Magic Jigsaw nice and quiet and the cats can't steal the parts. Nothing fancy. I just want my computer to work and not have to take up a hobby while waiting for it to boot up. Clicking on a link in my email and getting there would be nice, too. No, I don't click on links from strangers. And yes, I have online security running. AVG, CCleaner, Windows Security. Any help whipping this into shape would be appreciated.

:)

WendyEmlinger, Jun 13, 2020

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 13, 2020
  3. New update same problem

Hi Jakub,

Since the problem surfaced after the installation of the new update, there's a possibility that a software conflict might be present. For us to determine the cause of this issue, we suggest running the sound troubleshooter to help us find and fix problems
    with playing sound. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Playing Audio.
    • Hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, then we suggest performing an in-place upgrade using Media Creation Tool. Create first an installation media that you will use. Check out

Create Windows 10 installation media
    for the steps.

Feel free to let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Latest update has created new problems

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Latest update has created new problems

1. Latest update has created new problems - Similar Threads - Latest update has

2. latest update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update problems: My computer is so screwed up after update a few days ago. It wiped out my office 10 and also Adobe Cloud. My assure plan seems to not matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-problems/e1e47d91-c0e9-4966-aba2-5e491f0f6ed1
  3. Display driver creating problem after the latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver creating problem after the latest update: I am using Dell vostro 2520 with latest version of windows 10. as i updated the windows drivers for display it start creating blur type too small dots and lines. as now i uninstalled the update it is working fine but i am not able to play games like Pubg on my pc which needed...
  4. Problems with latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with latest update: i have downloaded and installed the latest version of Windows 10, version 2004 build 19401.264 and now everything is locked up and I can't do a thing. If I try to get onto the internet |i just get a message telling me that Edge is not responding. If I try to run Malwarebytes...
  5. Problem with latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with latest update: I used chrome for everything, but after the update I wasn't able to get any audio(I have done all my setting checks, reinstall, and restarted PC) so now I'm using edge. It was going fine until I today where it just nonstop screeched when I loaded it(it sounded like a fire...
  6. latest update PROBLEMS!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update PROBLEMS!!: My computer repair company says it is the latest Windows 10 update that caused this ---- When I TRY to first sign on to any of my favorites (facebook, target, banking, etc) the windows homescreen has moved a tad to the right and I DO NOT have A SCROLL BAR AT ALL to use....
  7. Windows latest update has created severe problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows latest update has created severe problems: At this moment it is exactly 2 hrs after I installed the latest update of windows 10 (KB4482887) and after the installation of the update my laptop is not working up to the mark. I am facing with very severe performance issues and I know one for the fact that it is to deal...
  8. Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems: Hello all, today I got a notification from Windows 10 telling me there was a special update that would take longer than a normal one, so I did it and now I have a few problems. #1 when I try to search for something in Settings it always comes up with no search results,...
  9. Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 latest update has created an extra drive partion.: OK so I received the update on my clean install of win 10 on my split Intel NVME SSD. Just went to do a Macrium image backup and discovered that the update has created an extra partition on my drive. Although small it is stealing space from my second partition that I save the...
  10. latest update problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    latest update problems: 19 days ago i was having issues with performance but that was fixed with a simple GFX drv reinstall and it was problem free. Now noticed Win10 had updates pending, kb4088776 & 4088785. installed fine, restarted ok but now i'm getting intermittent freezes, when trying to...