Windows 10: latest update has locked my boss out of her computer. It's referencing an older outlook...

Discus and support latest update has locked my boss out of her computer. It's referencing an older outlook... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, The owner of our company has been locked out of her computer due to an update that happened over the weekend. I am working remotely so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JLundberg65, Jun 15, 2020.

1. latest update has locked my boss out of her computer. It's referencing an older outlook...

Hello,

The owner of our company has been locked out of her computer due to an update that happened over the weekend. I am working remotely so I wasn't there. It came up and wanted her to verify her account. It referenced an email that hasn't been used in probably 10 + years. We use our company email.

She tried to follow the prompts to reset password with no luck, I just tried to see if I could reset the account using the outlook PW reset and selecting the email subjects, credit card info etc. and I'm waiting to see if the info will be close to reset the outlook PW. It probably won't because the several current emails she sent that I used are from the email address that she currently uses not the outlook one so it really won't have anything to verify to.

What can I do? I haven't been there for a while due to Covid-19 but I can go there before she gets there or bring her computer to my house where I am working remotely. since not being there I haven't been able to back up her system and I would hate to lose here files. I can reformat as a last resort.

Why did it ask to verify her account using an email that is not used?

John

:)

JLundberg65, Jun 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 Lock Icon

I am having issues being able to paste files into a folder that has a lock icon on it. I am not the owner of the folder, my boss is. I am using Windows Pro 10 and my boss is using Windows 8.1. I can open files contained within the folder but cannot paste files into the folder. I have opened properties and gone to the security tab and I am listed within the Group or user names list and my permissions are all at allow. Any suggestions?

wsquality1, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Vb01 Win User
    outlook 2007 locking up

I'm having intermittent problems with outlook 2007 locking up.
    Any suggestions for fix?

4. latest update has locked my boss out of her computer. It's referencing an older outlook...

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

latest update has locked my boss out of her computer. It's referencing an older outlook...

1. latest update has locked my boss out of her computer. It's referencing an older outlook... - Similar Threads - latest update has

2. BitLocker locks my boss's computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker locks my boss's computer: Hi,My boss's computer has been locked by BitLocker. The odd part is he uses MS Windows 10 Home. All Microsoft call supports said that is simply not possible to happen. He had no clue when and how that happened.Anyway, it is now locked by BitLocker. We went through all the...
  3. BitLocker locks my boss's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locks my boss's computer: Hi,My boss's computer has been locked by BitLocker. The odd part is he uses MS Windows 10 Home. All Microsoft call supports said that is simply not possible to happen. He had no clue when and how that happened.Anyway, it is now locked by BitLocker. We went through all the...
  4. BitLocker locks my boss's computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my girlfriends laptop locked her out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my girlfriends laptop locked her out: so she got a new laptop and so I took the hard drive out and put it in an external case and transferred her stuff and when I put it back it was all fine a day later she gets a message off her old one saying that she cant use her user profile and its made a temp one but she...
  6. my girlfriends laptop locked her out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my girlfriends laptop locked her out: so she got a new laptop and so I took the hard drive out and put it in an external case and transferred her stuff and when I put it back it was all fine a day later she gets a message off her old one saying that she cant use her user profile and its made a temp one but she...
  7. my girlfriends laptop locked her out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Locked out of my computer after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of my computer after latest Windows 10 update: After downloading the latest Window 10 updates on my desktop computer I find I am locked out of the computer. The usual login screen image has changed and when I click on it to get the login dialogue box the image blurs and I am asked for my password. Whatever I type in...
  9. latest update has locked my computer. It's referencing an old outlook email for verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    latest update has locked my computer. It's referencing an old outlook email for verification: Hello, I'm locked out of a computer due to an update that happened over the weekend. I am working remotely so I wasn't there. It came up and wanted to verify an account. It referenced an email that hasn't been used in probably 10 + years. We use our company email...
  10. This referenced account is currently locked out

in Windows 10 Customization
    This referenced account is currently locked out: Ok, now my work laptop is locked and I can't log in because I entered incorrect paswords multiple times. Please help solve this problem as fast as possible. Thanks....