Windows 10: latest update has locked my computer. It's referencing an old outlook email for verification

Discus and support latest update has locked my computer. It's referencing an old outlook email for verification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm locked out of a computer due to an update that happened over the weekend. I am working remotely so I wasn't there. It came up and wanted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JLundberg65, Jun 16, 2020.

1. latest update has locked my computer. It's referencing an old outlook email for verification

Hello,

I'm locked out of a computer due to an update that happened over the weekend. I am working remotely so I wasn't there. It came up and wanted to verify an account. It referenced an email that hasn't been used in probably 10 + years. We use our company email accounts that we've had for years.

I tried to follow the prompts to reset password with no luck, I just tried to see if I could reset the account using the outlook PW reset but the verification questions, last several email subjects and who they were sent to would be refering to the old email account that isn't used. There is no way to verify the account. Why did it ask to verify an account using an email that hasn't been used for years? is this a virus? I can't log in to run a virus test. I guess my only option is to remove the drive and grab the data for backup and then reformat.

How do I prevent this from happening in the future? We don't use outlook.

John

:)

JLundberg65, Jun 16, 2020

2. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Jun 16, 2020
  3. alvez Win User
    outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    latest update has locked my computer.  It's referencing an old outlook email for verification [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jun 16, 2020
  4. latest update has locked my computer. It's referencing an old outlook email for verification

email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

latest update has locked my computer. It's referencing an old outlook email for verification

1. latest update has locked my computer. It's referencing an old outlook email for verification - Similar Threads - latest update has

2. Outlook email old version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook email old version: outlook email keeps asking for password...works on other devices but not laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-old-version/6d7d1f2d-7a1e-4b5f-a534-c5f816da3dd3
  3. Outlook email old version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook email old version: outlook email keeps asking for password...works on other devices but not laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-old-version/6d7d1f2d-7a1e-4b5f-a534-c5f816da3dd3
  4. Outlook email old version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Inability to receive verification codes has locked me out of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inability to receive verification codes has locked me out of my computer: I need to enter my BitLocker recovery key. I went to log in to my Microsoft account to retrieve it but was required to enter a verification code. I did not receive the verification code, so I followed all of these instructions: Microsoft account security info & verification...
  6. Inability to receive verification codes has locked me out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inability to receive verification codes has locked me out of my computer: I need to enter my BitLocker recovery key. I went to log in to my Microsoft account to retrieve it but was required to enter a verification code. I did not receive the verification code, so I followed all of these instructions: Microsoft account security info & verification...
  7. Delete an old no outlook email a/c

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete an old no outlook email a/c: I keep getting a message stating my Microsoft account requires attention when I try to access. Microsoft gives me an old email address asking for password no longer remember for that email a/c My a/c is using my primary email address which is the only one registered. How...
  8. latest update has locked my boss out of her computer. It's referencing an older outlook...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update has locked my boss out of her computer. It's referencing an older outlook...: Hello, The owner of our company has been locked out of her computer due to an update that happened over the weekend. I am working remotely so I wasn't there. It came up and wanted her to verify her account. It referenced an email that hasn't been used in probably 10 +...
  9. The referenced accound is locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The referenced accound is locked: Hi , We faced a situation : User is under the Win10 enterprise in the domain. the account will be locked after sleep and restarted. But the user don't input any wrong password. What 's possible cause? How to resolve it....
  10. Retriveing old emails from outlook - where have all my old emails gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retriveing old emails from outlook - where have all my old emails gone?: I have been using Windows 10 outlook for a number of months and until last week it was okay. But now it is only showing emails from the past 2 months and when I use the search facility seems to be only finding emails from the past couple of months. I like to be able to see...