Windows 10: latest update has messed up my video display

Discus and support latest update has messed up my video display in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The monitor screen is stretched out and all round icons are now egg shaped and the rectangular icons are square. I am unable to open any photos from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by azphoto, Dec 1, 2022.

1. azphoto Win User

latest update has messed up my video display

The monitor screen is stretched out and all round icons are now egg shaped and the rectangular icons are square. I am unable to open any photos from photoshop now. People look squashed out. Help. this all happened after the latest Microsoft "update"

:)

azphoto, Dec 1, 2022

2. Video on CSN Chicago

Hi Dennis,

It is possible that the video resolution is high that's why your graphics card driver is having a hard time playing the video. We suggest updating the latest graphics card driver of your PC.

To update your graphics card driver, follow these steps:

• Click on Windows logo.
    • Type Device Manager then Click it from the list that appears.
    • Look for Display adapters category, right click on it and choose Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If it fails, go to the manufacturer's website and follow their detailed instructions.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Robert Caw, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Discolored messed up display after updating graphics card driver

Hi Kevin,

The issue that you're experiencing usually happens if the latest driver installed encountered an issue with the system. We would like to know the following to isolate the issue:

• From where did you download the latest update for your driver?
    • Is it from your manufacturer's website or from Windows update?
    • Have you tried using the older version of the driver?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest uninstalling the latest driver using the steps below:

• Open Cortana.
    • Search Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click the Display card Driver and select Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Afterwards, restart the computer. Restarting the computer usually reinstall the generic driver from Windows update.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

video Displays

Hi Robert,

This issue is caused due to many reasons such as due to driver related issues or due to some settings related issues or due to an issue with the Codec. I would like to know some information about this issue so that we could assist
    you further.

1. Do you get any error code or error message while playing the video?

2. Is this issue confined to any specific video or with all the videos?

3. Is this issue confined to Video app or with other apps as well?

4. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

As a first step, try playing a different video and check if the issue is confined to any specific video or not.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it works for you.

Method 1:

Try installing the latest video card drivers from HP's website or from Windows Update and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the hardware driver:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

c. Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2:

Try the steps provided in the following Microsoft Help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems with an app:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Please reply with more information about this issue so that we can help you better.

Arul_D, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. latest update has messed up my video display - Similar Threads - latest update has

2. Enabling HDR has messed up my displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling HDR has messed up my displays: I use a an alienware ultrawide not HDR capable as my main monitor. I connected an LG OLED as the 2nd display and all was working ok, but then with the LG set as my main display I toggled on HDR, this caused my display to flash and both to stop displaying an image.I...
  3. Enabling HDR has messed up my displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling HDR has messed up my displays: I use a an alienware ultrawide not HDR capable as my main monitor. I connected an LG OLED as the 2nd display and all was working ok, but then with the LG set as my main display I toggled on HDR, this caused my display to flash and both to stop displaying an image.I...
  4. Messed up audio since latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up audio since latest update: Hello,Ever since the latest Windows 10 update that was today 17.2.2023 my audio is messed up. The sounds is weird, I can not properly describe it. But when I listen to a video or music the tone keeps changing from this good quality to really bad depending on the depths of the...
  5. Latest update messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update messed up my pc: A couple of days ago I was watching streams when Windows told me there's a new update ready to be installed. I picked the restart later option (manually select when) and returned to wathcing the stream. I fall asleep for like an hour and when I woke up my pc was off. I guess...
  6. Latest update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update messed up my PC: I just installed an update to windows 10 64bit. Now my Lenovo desktop will load to the Lenovo icon screen and then freezes. I have tried to boot into safe mode and for some reason it will not boot to safe mode either. Anyone know what I should do?...
  7. Update has messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update has messed up my computer: Can't open start menu, settings or anything like that. The way i display my homescreen has changed completely, internet not working and when i restart my computer nothing changes. i updated my computer last night after being prompted and now I just can't do anything on it....
  8. Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system

in Windows 10 Support
    Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system: I just rebooted my system and when I logged in I was greeted by a "Preparing WIndows" message. After that I was told that I was being logged in with a temporary profile and that I wouldn't be able to access my files, and my desktop is totally screwed up... Winver shows 1903...
  9. Latest windows update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows update messed up my PC: When I tried to log on after the update it prompted me for a pin no. In the past I had always used my password. What is going on? Ive never had a PIN for my computer. I would like to talk to an actual person to help me but of course I cant. Anybody else help? Dave...
  10. Latest Win10 update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 update messed up my PC: hello! today i've installed the latest update for windows 10 that came out a few days ago. now my pc wont shut down. the leds from my mouse/keyboard turn off as usual, so does my monitor but not my pc. (i have to hold down the power button) furthermore my pc wont restart...